DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken Antenna, broke...?

Reactions
Hey all,
so I just got back me new mavic from refresh stuffs, which was great.... until
someone broke the antenna from the remote. Is this serious enough to have to buy a new one or get it fixed? I tried it out (not flying though, since I live in a no fly zone, and only fly when I go out of that zone) just turning it on and the signal came through fine. would that mean it's okay? Or could the remote be broken where it's half broken and then it works for only a limited range?

Attachments

• IMG-1071.JPG
    IMG-1071.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG-1072.JPG
    IMG-1072.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
Would have been worse if it had separated. Id think it might still be ok but you might want to glue it to prevent further damage.

Only way to tell is a flight test.

Do you think this connection is on/off... eg, if I can get a signal, it works 100%, if I can't, it doesn't work at all?
Or is this kind of thing more like it can also work 75%

Do you think this connection is on/off... eg, if I can get a signal, it works 100%, if I can't, it doesn't work at all?
Or is this kind of thing more like it can also work 75%
Depends on whether the strip is broken inside.
Reduced range and breakups in video transmission would be symptom if it was broken.
do you know if its possible to purchase the original antenna? just to replace it
I've not seen them for sale. It's a strip down job to replace them. @Thunderdrones would be able to tell you.

You could send it in to dji, shouldn't cost much for a repair.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inecho