DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken antenna out of the box.

saboken

Reactions
my Mavic Pro Platinum had a broken antenna out of the box, I contacted Dji and got a shipping label but I have a gut feeling they are going to say I broke it! It only had 10 - 15 minuets of flight time when I realized the right antenna had a defect! If Dji doesn’t fix or replace the RC can I get a new OEM antenna somewhere? I searched the web but only found aftermarket upgrades available! I don’t want to alter the Mavic in anyway just yet! Help! Is this part for sale out there anywhere? I found everything else (gimbles, cameras, arms etc) just not the oem antennas.

my Mavic Pro Platinum had a broken antenna out of the box, I contacted Dji and got a shipping label but I have a gut feeling they are going to say I broke it! It only had 10 - 15 minuets of flight time when I realized the right antenna had a defect! If Dji doesn’t fix or replace the RC can I get a new OEM antenna somewhere? I searched the web but only found aftermarket upgrades available! I don’t want to alter the Mavic in anyway just yet! Help! Is this part for sale out there anywhere? I found everything else (gimbles, cameras, arms etc) just not the oem antennas.

It's not easy to replace a broken antenna, it requires opening the controller up and messing around with ribbon cable etc. Have a look at this Titan installation to understand the effort

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It might be easier doing this mod and then getting the titan whip antennas

Titan Drones, Inc.

You'll have a better antenna system that is easily upgradable when you want to go to something more powerful, using the QMA connectors everthing is clip on and off

Last edited:
Reactions: saboken
It's not easy to replace a broken antenna, it requires opening the controller up and messing around with ribbon cable etc. Have a look at this Titan installation to understand the effort

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It might be easier doing this mod and then getting the titan whip antennas

Titan Drones, Inc.

You'll have a better antenna system that is easily upgradable when you want to go to something more powerful, using the QMA connectors everthing is clip on and off

Thanks I think I can handle a tear down of the remote, I’m a retired engineer, and the videos I have seen are pretty self explanatory, changing the connections would help for future failures, I just didn’t want to mod this drone in anyway it’s one of 2 that I have.

Thanks I think I can handle a tear down of the remote, I’m a retired engineer, and the videos I have seen are pretty self explanatory, changing the connections would help for future failures, I just didn’t want to mod this drone in anyway it’s one of 2 that I have.

Yes, it's not that hard to tear down, I did it to 3 controllers when I swapped to the Titan stuff. I think the challenge is more in trying to source the genuine replacement, I've never seen any available

DJI will fix it for you, wether it's chargeable or not I don't know.
I would like to think that with the limited time you've had it should be a non issue.

Have heard of a few people damage theirs and had it repaired free.

In what way is it broken? Any pictures? what's your location?

I’m in South Carolina I already sent it in but you can see I didn’t even remove the plastic from the remote yet, I only flew it up to about 100’ twice when I realized it had a problem with communication, the antenna wasn’t fully seated I noticed and when I pulled on it the black part came off the white part with the antenna printed on it was broken at the base, I knew my range was going to be affected by this so I stopped flying it till I got it back, I did do something I didn’t want to I opened the box for my other mavic and stole that remote to use till I get this one back, I didn’t want to because I wanted the second mavic to stay sealed until I got good with the first or I needed to find or recover the primary mavic
3e2bbb35d0922ca9b6f5accf3c2c165a.jpg

I was worried that the thing I buy will be shipped to me defective.
I just prayed hard. My mavic box looked like it was thrown down from a height and the corner was crumbled, However, DHL outer box was good and nice.
Lucky inside the mavic was ok.

Yeah that wouldn't work well
Strange for that to break
hopefully dji will sort you out

I don’t think the antenna was fully assembled and it broke during transit it wasn’t seated fully when I started getting issues with the range, I didn’t notice it right away, hope it wasn’t a return to amazon and they resold it to me as new, amazon is notorious for doing this! The mavic was never used as far as I can tell but someone could have purchased it and swapped the controller out? Who knows? I have sent stuff back to amazon because it wasn’t new as stated.

I don’t think the antenna was fully assembled and it broke during transit it wasn’t seated fully when I started getting issues with the range, I didn’t notice it right away, hope it wasn’t a return to amazon and they resold it to me as new, amazon is notorious for doing this! The mavic was never used as far as I can tell but someone could have purchased it and swapped the controller out? Who knows? I have sent stuff back to amazon because it wasn’t new as stated.
So did you send back to Amazon or DJI?

So did you send back to Amazon or DJI?

Dji Amazon wanted me to send everything back! They can’t/won’t replace parts of a package, I ordered 2 of them so I activated the broken one not knowing the Controller was bad and swapped the controllers till I get the one back from DJi. The second mavic is just a backup I won’t activate till I need it.

They didn’t waste any time fixing the first remote! Now I may have to send in the other remote because the battery is draining at about 10% a day in storage:(
a330fb471784b2c9b2acee4422562340.jpg
0fb6b66f1bb0ccf3e3876866bedface7.jpg
5a8fb0434f0a17b7f93667e1d217f5e0.jpg

Sourced parts normally cost more as dji don't sell parts or allow authorized repair centers to sell them

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fubar