DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken battery tab

Mantra

Reactions
Just took my Mavic out for a flight and noticed a small gap between the battery and the body. Upon further inspection the left locking tab is cracked off the battery! Is there any way to repair this or will I have to get a new battery?

Reactions: Star Lord
Just took my Mavic out for a flight and noticed a small gap between the battery and the body. Upon further inspection the left locking tab is cracked off the battery! Is there any way to repair this or will I have to get a new battery?
Post a picture

Probably go with the people who recommend replacing it with a new battery, perhaps sending this one back for repair.

But as for me, I'd glue it using plastic epoxy and carbon fiber. Be careful - some auto shops sell textured vinyl labelled as carbon fiber. You want the real stuff. Keep in mind your $1000 investment is hanging on this one repair, and keep an eye on it. Another thing to watch out for is the pedigree of the battery. There are some fake ones being sold on eBay and similar places, and they are not as good, including tending to catch on fire.

Reactions: secretAsianman
By new battery put the old battery in the Box and say it was damaged
If the broken battery was like that when you received it, have it replaced under warranty. But if you somehow broke it, doing this is theft.

b2020de984e313693656d3c5ec4ab3be.jpg

Reactions: De3mx
I take it back after seeing the image - this is not going to be an easy glue job at all.

Reactions: BmrUpInTheSky
I like the rubber band quick fix idea. A lot of old RC planes have their wing on that way. As to the DJI warranty, well I just got a battery replaced. It had the firmware lock problem. It was sent to Cerritos (?) in the middle of June and just came home yesterday. So warranty is a slow process.

You can fix anything with WD-40 and Duct Tape. A couple of wraps of DT should solve your problem. Keep 'em flying.

Just replace the batt. It's cheap insurance.

One of my 4 did that too....had 22 flights on it. DJI warrantied it....took over a month for a replacement.....other 3 batteries have had no problems with about 40 flights on each...

Reactions: Mantra
Same happened to me. Luckily I just sent them a picture of the damage and receipt to have warranty take care of it.20170530_210315.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian