DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken front landing foot - repair options?

Drclaw

Reactions
Hi everyone. Well it finally happened. O was flying a way point mission today and struck a tree. I flew this route two days ago and was fine so either the altitude changed or something else. Not sure. Haven't looked at the flight logs yet.

I got luck in that it dropped from about 40' onto a soft lawn. All my props broke and I'm assuming on impact my front right landing leg broke. I don't know if that's the correct name but you can see in picture what I'm talking about. I tried to reset it by hand back into position for a few minutes and can't get it lined up. I'll prob have to replace this. I'm assuming I can just get the plastic body and screw on a new one? Everything else at first glance seems fine. Camera works, gimbal good etc.

What are my options? Where can I buy this part? Do I need to sensm

Attachments

• IMG_20200506_093056.jpg
    IMG_20200506_093056.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20200506_093054.jpg
    IMG_20200506_093054.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
Not sure but I thought that it was a Spark

I could guess but which arm is that on? Can you take a photo from a little further away and post it?

I'm assuming this is the Mavic Pro as this is where you posted this, correct?

He wrote "front right", and it was posted in "Mavic Pro Help" thread, so... If it's a different model AC, he can correct me.

It is a mavic pro. I wrote front right but it's actually front left , new pic provided. I ordered a $8 replacement on Amazon. Does anyone know what that electronic piece on the inside of the leg is for?

Attachments

• IMG_20200506_140922.jpg
    IMG_20200506_140922.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 26
I was going to 3D print one but at $8, it is probably best just to order. 3D is going to look little different. I think the wire in the leg is an antenna.

It is a mavic pro. I wrote front right but it's actually front left , new pic provided. I ordered a $8 replacement on Amazon. Does anyone know what that electronic piece on the inside of the leg is for?
That is one of the two antennas. It slides into the channel in the front leg. Just be careful with the wires when attaching the new leg.

Hi everyone. Well it finally happened. O was flying a way point mission today and struck a tree. I flew this route two days ago and was fine so either the altitude changed or something else. Not sure. Haven't looked at the flight logs yet.

I got luck in that it dropped from about 40' onto a soft lawn. All my props broke and I'm assuming on impact my front right landing leg broke. I don't know if that's the correct name but you can see in picture what I'm talking about. I tried to reset it by hand back into position for a few minutes and can't get it lined up. I'll prob have to replace this. I'm assuming I can just get the plastic body and screw on a new one? Everything else at first glance seems fine. Camera works, gimbal good etc.

Sorry to hear, I broke one once and bought the replacements (readily available), but, I also glued the piece back together and it's worked fine. Take the 3 screws out, remove the legs base, glue it back together and carefully slide the antenna back in the slot then reattach it to the leg with the 3 screws. Good luck!

well if its broke at the base of the motor and you wish to fly crazy glue both of mine broke off atennas hangin out ant it flies just like it always did ,completes it,s mission and comes right back home there pretty tough

This happened to me just last week. I removed the 3 screws and glued it with "White Gorilla Glue", taped it up to hold it while the glue set up and droped it in a glass of water. White gorilla glue is cured with moisture. yes, I read the directions on the back of the bottle. 10 minuets later, pleaed off the tape, cut away the excess glue and re-installed the leg. It is solid as a rock. I would still order the part, but the glue will work till the part comes at corona speed. GOOD LUCK!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky