DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken gimbal plate....other issues too? [Resolved]

Technomancer

Reactions
So I tripped and dropped the box containing my drone the day after receiving it, and from what I can see I broke the clip on the gimbal plate that prevents it from getting out of position.

Currently the gimbal will not move but video is crystal clear. Would this clip affect movement or have I done additional damage to the motor?

How much is the motor going to cost to replace? I purchased the unit used from Adorama and received it last night.

Figured saving $200 on the drone was worth not having insurance...boy was I wrong!

***Bit of an edit, the camera no longer shows video. I believe the issue to be the ribbon cable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
Contact Thunderdrones on this forum for parts; there are videos out there showing how to replace that ribbon cable yourself. If you're ok with tools, you can save a lot of money.

Reactions: Former Member
Contact Thunderdrones on this forum for parts; there are videos out there showing how to replace that ribbon cable yourself. If you're ok with tools, you can save a lot of money.

I've actually already purchased the parts, and am going to be sending them to Thunderdrones for repair. I'm fairly adept at small repairs (part of my job) but I'd have a lot more peace of mind having Thunderdrones do it considering how much experience he has. Thanks for your reply though!

(Also, hello fellow Washingtonian!)

Gimbal motors are controlled by the video cable. Video comes through the LVDS cable.

Sounds like I also have a faulty LVDS cable too then, as I can see the ribbon where it detached at the camera.

Pictures would help us help you.
The only things with visible defects are the ribbon & clip mentioned at least not as far as I can tell. Would rather not open it up, will wait for Thunderdrones to do that. Will grab my dslr and see if I can get a better shot if you think it'll help, but this i took with my phone earlier: 1504920118034.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d