DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bug founded at Litchi for Mavic Mini (SOLVED)

raulmavic

Reactions
Hi

Today I suffered an annoying lost of control when flying Litchi Beta for Mavic Mini v4.18.0 build 3623.

Mini got stuck into JOYSTICK mode, it stays hovering, no respondig to any stick input...:eek:

Screenshot_20200818-191936_Video Player.jpg

After some panic seconds i tried entering menus. I entered FOLLOW menu, start follow and just stop follow. Luckily I got Joystick mode switched to GPS mode, regaining stick control of drone.

By the way, RTH worked while in JOYSTICK mode, but as soon I cancel RTH, manual control didnt worked.

R.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: geneg
I'll post a video as soon as possible. (Edited for adding video)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

By the way, bug happend when I loose signal in the middle of a Photo-Pano maneouver and RTH was triggered.

As you know PANORAMA uses JOYSTICK drone control. Maybe that's the cause of the bug.

Are there any way to comunicate issue to Litchi programers ?

R.

Last edited:
I'm thinking there is something up in the SDK as exactly the same thing has happened in Dronelink. You can email them here [email protected]

Have you reported this to Dronelink? What were you doing when this happened? How did you resolve it?

Have you reported this to Dronelink? What were you doing when this happened? How did you resolve it?
Oh yes I have reported at some length in DL forums as have others. Just running a 360 pano mission infact just doing anything drone can totally lock up, especially bad if you switch between apps after takeoff which I don't now do but still getting errors. We think something to do with wifi interference that is a micro cut in signal but blows out the plan in DL case it's probably happening in DJI Fly too but it just picks up and carries on where as in DL at least it "breaks" the plan. First time it happened I was within 20M of Home Point and had no control what so ever. Even hitting the RTH/Cancel button once gave me no control so was reluctant to engage RTH as if I couldn't take control drone would have just landed where it was and crash on the roof. So I...turned off the controller!! Luckily that worked and it came back up fast enough the RTH sequence (i.e just land cos I was less than 20M away) had only just started so I could take control but it was quietly terrifying. I don't know if I had just long pressed RTH whether I would have had control or not so took the punt on the restart. Subsequent testing however where I again encountered the total lock up (but this time I was over grass) did allow me to take control when long pressed RTH even though short press did nothing. Morale of story if flying less than 20M away have nothing under you that isn't good to land on!

Oh yes I have reported at some length in DL forums as have others.

Found the Dronelink forum post. Wasn't it caused by having both Dronelink and the Fly app open together?

Sure...

Sure...

I think I must have edited my post as you posted the links! I was looking in Bug Reports rather than the General Discussion forum. As I said in my edited post, wasn't the problem caused by having Dronelink and the Fly app open together?

I think that is part of the problem without including it in a plan you have to set RTH height. max heights etc and RTH behaviour in DJI Fly then shut down (without taking off) then use the DL app. I'm not sure that is the issue as I have known those values are in the drone from last use and just flown straight from DL and still had issues. I think it's all about wifi interference as in this post...

... a community member ran a plan I had written for HDR 360 in a different location and worked fine. That's part of the issue too it won't consistently work fine sometimes it will sometimes it won't. I think the Mini is more susceptible as a wifi drone and not occusync.

Litchi support answered me:

Litchi Support (VC Technology Ltd)

19 Aug 2020, 11:53 BST

Hi,

To exit Joystick mode, switch from P-mode to S or C-mode using the button in the top bar.
Normally it should not be stuck in this mode, which flight mode were you using prior to it being stuck in joystick mode?
Kind Regards,
Litchi
Online help at Help - Litchi

Litchi support answered me:

Litchi Support (VC Technology Ltd)

19 Aug 2020, 11:53 BST

Hi,

To exit Joystick mode, switch from P-mode to S or C-mode using the button in the top bar.
Normally it should not be stuck in this mode, which flight mode were you using prior to it being stuck in joystick mode?
Kind Regards,
Litchi
Online help at Help - Litchi

Hi raulmavic,

Litchi is not writing nothing new, I could already read it on their website, see below:

Regaining Control
Whenever the drone flies autonomously, you can regain control instantly at any time using the remote controller's flight mode switch.
For newer drone models (Mavic, Phantom 4, Spark, Inspire 2), toggle the flight mode switch from "P" to "S"(sport) mode in order to regain control. You may switch back to "P" mode afterwards.
For older drone models (Phantom 3, Inspire 1), toggle the flight mode switch from "F" to "P" mode in order to regain control. You may switch back to "F" mode afterwards.
When connected to the drone without remote controller (for example with Spark or Mavic Air/Pro), you can use the red stop button in the left button bar to stop an autonomous flight and regain control.

Source: Help - Litchi

I am a beginner with MM and especially with Lichi, this is why I have read their guide in details ?

Reactions: raulmavic
Hi raulmavic,

Litchi is not writing nothing new, I could already read it on their website, see below:

Regaining Control
Whenever the drone flies autonomously, you can regain control instantly at any time using the remote controller's flight mode switch.
For newer drone models (Mavic, Phantom 4, Spark, Inspire 2), toggle the flight mode switch from "P" to "S"(sport) mode in order to regain control. You may switch back to "P" mode afterwards.
For older drone models (Phantom 3, Inspire 1), toggle the flight mode switch from "F" to "P" mode in order to regain control. You may switch back to "F" mode afterwards.
When connected to the drone without remote controller (for example with Spark or Mavic Air/Pro), you can use the red stop button in the left button bar to stop an autonomous flight and regain control.

Source: Help - Litchi

I am a beginner with MM and especially with Lichi, this is why I have read their guide in details ?

From my point of view, they should rewrite that manual paragraph. Mavic Mini controller lacks a physical switch for mode changing.

R.

Reactions: djborsi
I quick edited video showing bug:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll