DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Building Waypoint mission while flying?

jzguitar

Reactions
Hey everyone. I've looked around a bit and haven't found anything relating to this yet. Is it possible to program a waypoint mission while flying? There are a few things I'd like to photograph over time for comparison purposes, and it seems like it would be easier to just fly manually to exactly where I want the points to be and mark them while the drone is physically there. Otherwise it seems to be a bit of trial-and-error when programmming points of interest/altitude/gimbal angles/etc while on the ground. Thanks for any input!

They may have changed it, but what you are asking for was the only way to do it in Go 4. You set your waypoints as you go and save the entire mission for repeat later.

Reactions: jzguitar
You can fly to where you want a waypoint , set where you want you gimbal pointing, and then press the C1 button. It will create a waypoint with this information. Fly to your next spot and do the same. When all are plotted, you can go into the app and change speed, etc. Then fly the mission. Your Mavic 2 will go from one waypoint to the next and automatically slowly go from each waypoint gimbal setting...to the next.