DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

bummed new Air 2 owner LOL

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

The thread in question was hung in the Approval Queue. I just approved it so move all discussion about the incident to that thread.

Air 2 flying backward on it's own!

Thanks
OOPS! I was putting up a new post just as you approved this... I didn't see a way to delete one of the duplicate posts though. Sorry about that!

Reactions: Hauptmann
OOPS! I was putting up a new post just as you approved this... I didn't see a way to delete one of the duplicate posts though. Sorry about that!
I'll take care of it

Reactions: wjkrysak and RodPad
Hey friends,
I'm Andrew and brand new to the drone world.
I purchased a used Air 2 recently to help get some Real Estate shots of our home we are selling here in Talent, OR. After a few flights, I was at my mom's and trying to get an overhead shot (she is selling her house too) and all of a sudden, it just started flying backward at top speed! It was literally about 15 feet above my head. Thankfully it hit a tree a few blocks over and because of the video, I was able to track it down. Since she lives in a busy neighborhood, I thought maybe it could have been interference of some sort. I updated everything, calibrated everything and tried it out again at home... It seemed to work and I was able to fly through one entire battery pack. I put another pack on and after initial take off and hovering above me for a few moments, it did the same dang thing... just took off at top speed backwards! I hit RTH and it stopped moving but would not actually initiate the return to the starting point. The RTH canceled and once again it took off backwards. I tried RTH multiple times with the same response. I finally figured out that I could turn the drone and increase/decrease altitude so I started flying it backwards and was able to gently crash land in my backyard.
Of course the dude who sold it to me will not respond to any of my messages now so I have a drone that I'm afraid to use.
I'm going to put this into the forum to see if I can get a little help and hopefully have a drone I can use safely again.

Cheers to you all!
Are you aware of how the sticks work when the drone’s rear end is facing you?

Part 107 is required for ANY flight other than pure recreation. If you are taking pictures of your house (or a family member's house) to use in the sale of the house, you MUST be flying under part 107.

My 2 cents sounds to me it might be a remote problem ,has this system ever been tested with a different remote ,there are those out there that choose to modify stuff ,just sayin ,when buying used online you take a small risk of getting taken

Part 107 is required for ANY flight other than pure recreation. If you are taking pictures of your house (or a family member's house) to use in the sale of the house, you MUST be flying under part 107.
I'm in the UK so different rules, but surely if someone takes a photo for recreational purposes and someone else decides to use that photo for a commercial purpose, for example to sell a few prints or a property, the pilot has done no wrong. No one could force the pilot to sue the third party for breach of copyright. The only people who would have an interest in looking to stop such an activity, would be those who genuinely fly commercially and wish to stop a bit of DIY. Bit like Apple and their fight to stop right to repair.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe