DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buy it or Let it Go?

I would recommend buying it because of 3 reasons. You'll probably regret missing the shots you'd wish you took for the anniversary and retirement. The Mavic Air has a great 4k camera and practically flies itself even if you've never flown a drone before. It is loaded with safety features like sensors all around, altitude hold, double GPS for awesome stability and camera gimbals to keep your photography rock solid like professionals. Even if you lose interest in it after the trip you can always sell it on eBay for almost what you paid for it. I mean you might lose a hundred or so but if you keep it clean it will be easy to sell. I think once you see the smart features and shots it can take (like 360 degree and up up and away) you'll see why drone photography is the latest craze! I'm retired and my philosophy is "you only live once so you might as well enjoy it because you can't take it with you". That's why I recently bought the Mavic Pro Platimum Fly More Combo and I'm having more fun with it than words can describe. So buy it and enjoy your vacation with photos you'd never be able to get any other way. Good Luck with your decision.

Reactions: NAVMAV
Given all circumstances, get the one you want. If top of the line is your inclination, then Mavic Pro 2 with the smart controller for $1849, when purchased together from the start. This is the way everyone is going, and would have the greatest resale value as a set should you decide it's not for you. If it is for you, you have purchased the best (arguable) with no upgrades to make.

Thanks for your input... I have heard this many times before and never really understood the concept. I have never been the type that wants to spend in increments or grow into things. I find that by the time you grow into what you should have bought from the beginning, you would have spent more in the end and even lost some money in the process.

When I bought my first motorcycle in 2009 everyone kept saying that I should start with a used 250 or even a 500cc bike to bang around and move up from there. I always thought, why not get what I want and like from the beginning and become comfortable with it with every outing? I went out and got me a brand new 1800cc bike and haven't looked back once. I think the the money I saved from growing into it was used for some customization.

Perhaps the moral of my story is that I like to start with the one that is going to give me the most pleasure "out of the gate" or that I am going to enjoy the most. In this instance, I just want to ensure that I am not paying into something that, I don't ever get to use, or in the end, buy something that I would not be able to use or enjoy using due to any near future changes to the regulations.
f1a4dd7a109ba8a2ce0a8d1db62cba02.jpg
I was clueless buying mavic air in lieu of mavic pro platinum here at costco honolulu. now i want distance dedication safeguarded (light bridge, occusync). drawback is size and energy facilitation (only car now).
but your point is truth.
of course due diligence in lieu of carelessness is paramount in that jump.

Sounds like a pass to me. You lost interest before you got it plus it sounds like it may be out of your budget. You can always revisit the idea in the future, price on the Mavic Air has peaked and will continue to be available at great prices.
My advise would be to forget it, you can buy a Mavic Pro that has been carefully used, with a fly more kit for around £550. In my opinion it's far superior to the MA, and is still as good as anything in the £500 to £750 bracket. Has better all round performance, and a 27 mins flight time.

mavic air camera, if you get a bugfree hardware, is more advanced then mavic pro, right?

Thanks for your input... I have heard this many times before and never really understood the concept. I have never been the type that wants to spend in increments or grow into things. I find that by the time you grow into what you should have bought from the beginning, you would have spent more in the end and even lost some money in the process.

When I bought my first motorcycle in 2009 everyone kept saying that I should start with a used 250 or even a 500cc bike to bang around and move up from there. I always thought, why not get what I want and like from the beginning and become comfortable with it with every outing? I went out and got me a brand new 1800cc bike and haven't looked back once. I think the the money I saved from growing into it was used for some customization.

Perhaps the moral of my story is that I like to start with the one that is going to give me the most pleasure "out of the gate" or that I am going to enjoy the most. In this instance, I just want to ensure that I am not paying into something that, I don't ever get to use, or in the end, buy something that I would not be able to use or enjoy using due to any near future changes to the regulations.
f1a4dd7a109ba8a2ce0a8d1db62cba02.jpg

Where is that picture from? It looks like a castle I stayed in on the Rhine that was converted to a Hostel.

Reactions: Duende01
Thanks for your input... Affordability is not an issue, but that is what I thought, get something a bit cheaper that I can also let my 10 year old son enjoy and bang around. Although he will be happy with just watching me fly any type of drone. In a sense, he is the one that stuck that idea in my head and I am not one to go for the cheapest anything, lol. I used to be into electric RC cars and spent a small fortune getting all the latest and the greatest. Today all that stuff sits in a box somewhere in my basement collecting dust. So, I just want to ensure that I will get to use it and find enjoyment from it. Thanks again!

Find that stuff and send it my way ? I still play with the toy cars with my kids...I am just a big kid after all ?

I have reservations about border crossings and Customs. Anyone else have something to say about this????
I traveled with my Mavic Air last year from OZ to Chile and in and out of Argentina several times. I had no problems at any of the border crossings or at any of the airports en-route. I carry the batteries in a flame proof bag in my carry on luggage. I read most travel advice forums prior to leaving and convinced myself the rules for flying are the same as what they are in OZ so no probs (as we say). Not being able to use them in National Parks was disappointing but you can't back here in OZ either.
I did find a bit of apprehension about the status of drones in San Pedro de Atacama. I asked the proprietor at our accommodation whether he would mind me having a drone, taking off from the large back yard area for a look around. Happy to give him some free aerial photographs. He seemed very anxious and a bit angry over the request and advised that he would need to check with the police first. I said not to worry and wandered a little way out of town and flew about a bit, but not for long.72495

The wife and I bought our mavics off the Dji web sight and 3 days it was here I personally don't buy used electronic on line especially a drone but thats my opion other than that let us know what you decided and enjoy it.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure