DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying a new, sealed MA from a local seller?

Sunburninaz

Reactions
I have found someone locally that is selling a new MA in a sealed box. He is included quite a few accessories - including DJI goggles - for about the price of a Fly More combo.

The seller indicated that DJI's warranty begins at activation. I've been reading and it appears that DJI won't honor their warranty unless you purchase it from an authorized DJI seller - and with a receipt.

What has anyone found in regard to DJI and its warranty? What other risks would I face with such a purchase - other than possibly not being able to return it (but I know where the guy lives)?

Thanks,

Doug

Reactions: Former Member
There is a trend where the sealed box has been resealed with rocks inside.

Make sure you open the box and confirm the contents before you pay.

The seller will tell you they don’t want to open the box in case you don’t buy it. Assure them if the contents are what you expect you will pay for it, only hand over the cash after you are sure the contents are real.

As for your other questions. I don’t know the answers.

And bring a gun...just in case you have to shoot your way out of there! :D

I'd trust a sealed box as far as I could throw the seller. You have no idea what is in that box.

Thanks, everyone. Let's say I open the box with him there and everything checks out. What risks am I looking at at that point in regard to the warranty, etc?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_