DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying Bound Drones For Parts

Hi, I might buy your bound Mavic 3, and up, or similar drone for parts. NO damaged or otherwise unusable drones.
What parts do you think might be usable and, although I am not a potential seller, what are you considering as your price limit?

My suspicion,
1) The main board will be useless unless you have the ability to clear the 'block' by some form of connecting to and powering the board via individual connection points on the board AND you have software to do that.

2) If that is correct then I think the camera and gimbal are also semi-ruled out, because of the likely problems in matching the camera/gimbal assembly to a different mother board.

3) Taking that to be true and assuming that the layout of the mavic 3 is similar to the mavic 2 then, in terms of other boards, that might leave only the ESC board and perhaps any bottom board as viable boards and, without my having other knowledge, that might be a bit of a gamble.

4) With regards to the rest of the drone I suspect that sensors, arms and motors might be viable parts as value.
Ditto plastics, PROVIDING you don't destroy them and their clips in the process of opening the donor.

5) The camera shell might be useful as might whatever frame carries the gimbal.

But if the actual gimbal frame house circuit boards, which i think is quite likely, then I suspect you may run into the problems mentioned in 2} n trying to reuse the gimbal frame itself.

Certainly undamaged plastics, arms and motors have usefulness but don't get reckless in terms of of the price you pay. Crashed and damaged drones can yield some of those parts and may well cost less.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmsilverberg