DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

buying new mavic air battery question

Scoobychief

Reactions
hi guys just wondering when purchasing a new battery for the air that may have been stored packaged in the shop for 1 year or over. whats the situation with it, does it come completely flat or was it shipped out completely full by dji and what happens to it sat on the shop shelf for a long period of time?. this might be a stupid question but was just wondering.

Reactions: Lastrexking
Morning mate. It's a good question - not stupid at all :)

The Air has an 'Intelligent Flight' battery that slowly discharges over time, but shouldn't discharge to the point that it's completely flat. So, it should be fine after a year. You'll definitely need to give it a full charge once you've received it.

This is a really good article on battery care for the Air:

Where are you buying it from?

Morning mate. It's a good question - not stupid at all :)

The Air has an 'Intelligent Flight' battery that slowly discharges over time, but shouldn't discharge to the point that it's completely flat. So, it should be fine after a year. You'll definitely need to give it a full charge once you've received it.

This is a really good article on battery care for the Air:

Where are you buying it from?
i have 2 allready, but the cheapest i have seen them is from argos. but will probably when the spring returns. do you fly in the fcc mode being in yorkshire cause the ce mode is pants.

You'll be fine with Argos then. Easy to take it back if it's no good. I got my Spark from Argos and it's been fine.

Yep, I have it in FCC mode. I had to borrow an Android phone to sort it out, but it was worth it. I'm partially sighted so don't go out of line of sight anyway. :)

Irrespective of the intelligent feature; if you are picking one or some from a bunch in a shelf, I would pick the one(s) with the latest production date. If the production date is not on the packaging (i don't remember if it is) you could run the S/N (which I clearly remember is written on the packaging) in the DJI Serial Decoder available here

Irrespective of the intelligent feature; if you are picking one or some from a bunch in a shelf, I would pick the one(s) with the latest production date. If the production date is not on the packaging (i don't remember if it is) you could run the S/N (which I clearly remember is written on the packaging) in the DJI Serial Decoder available here

Great thats just what i will do when i come round to buying it great help that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3