DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying used Mavic Mini. Couple of questions.

ryanhurst39

Reactions
Hey...been following this community for a while. New to drones but have flown my brother in law’s Mavic Pro 2 a few times. I buying the Mavic Mini and 4 batteries for $275. The guy wanted $400 but got him down to $275. Thought that was a more than optimal deal for me.
Is there anything I need to do when I download the Fly App since he probably has it already registered. Not sure if there’s anything special I need to do to make sure I show as the drones owner/operator.
Any beginner tips? I’ve spent a lot of hours on YouTube watching and learning but it’ll be much different with the controller in hand. Any tips or suggestions will help.
The Pro 2 seemed pretty easy to fly and manage and that simplicity sold me on getting one. Looking forward to hours of flying and sharing some content here.
Thanks!

Is there anything I need to do when I download the Fly App since he probably has it already registered. Not sure if there’s anything special I need to do to make sure I show as the drones owner/operator.
No there is nothing you need to do, there is no real concept of ownership within the app, the drone is simply a drone being flown with the aid of the phone and app.

Any tips,

READ THE MANUAL, if you do not understand bits of it ASK.
Be careful of wind, the mini isn't that great in strong wind, read up on how to deal with wind, don't set the RTH height higher than is necessary, aim to clear obstacles by around 10m, windspeed tends to increase with height.
Do a search in here for threads covering speed limitations when the camera is pointing down.
Read threads concerning storage positions for the props and the consequence of prop warpage. If you see warnings relating to motors reaching their maximum speeds etc. check to see if the props look flattened.
Do not fully charge the batteries and leave them fully charged.
Read up on the RTH behaviours and experiment with them if a wide open space.
You are learning to fly, take it in small steps, low and slow. Fast and high can come later if you so desire.
Don't forget to put a memory card in the drone, don't forget to press record' don't forget to stop recording BEFORE you switch the drone off.
Install a screen recording app on the phone and use it, they are very handy for post flight checking of messages.

Welcome.

To use the app, you will have to register an account with DJI (done through the app).
The Pro 2 seemed pretty easy to fly and manage and that simplicity sold me on getting one.
The Pro 2 and all other Mavics are in a different league than the original Mini which uses wifi for communications with the drone.
It would be worth looking around for a Mini 2 as they are a significant improvement beyond the original Mini.

Hey...been following this community for a while. New to drones but have flown my brother in law’s Mavic Pro 2 a few times. I buying the Mavic Mini and 4 batteries for $275. The guy wanted $400 but got him down to $275. Thought that was a more than optimal deal for me.
https://19216811.cam/ Is there anything I need to do when I download t https://1921681001.id/ he Fly App since he probably has it already registered. Not sure if there’s anything special I need to do to make sure I show as the drones owner/operator.
Any beginner tips? I’ve spent a lot of hours on YouTube watching and learning but it’ll be much different with the controller in hand. Any tips or suggestions will help.
The Pro 2 seemed pretty easy to fly and manage and that simplicity sold me on getting one. Looking forward to hours of flying and sharing some content here.
Thanks!
issue got solvedd

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore