DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buzzing sound from Mavic Pro

maverick 81

Reactions
Hi guys

My pro is making a buzzing sound as it waits for takeoff then buzz’s the whole flight, never happened before till today. Any suggestions?

Check you props too, both fitment and props themselves for any hidden splits.
Look at fitting tabs and flex blades to see if anything shows up.

If blowing out to see if any grit etc, I would try the compressed air cans, or very l;ow air pressure if using a compressor.
The aerosol cans are common in computer cleaning, and are pretty powerful, but low enough to do the job safely I feel.

You may be able to remove a cover, wait for advice or check youtube to see if anything there with a search.

Blow from front to back, which I assume is the natural cooling flow in flight.
You can test the idle flow direction with a strip of paper to see which way it blows away, think it'll be the back, and you blow from that way towards the forward vent.

Reactions: maverick 81
Vacuum it - use a small attachment and gently hold it near the openings (do not fully cover them) I do the same with my desktop as we live in a dusty environment.

Reactions: maverick 81
Ok guys so I have blown it out for most of it out, seems like the fan at the front is making the noise may possibly be loose? Still flys ok just with the noise

how many hours on the bird it could be wear in the fan bearing causing it to touch the shroud that surrounds it

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61