DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro C&TSRR 488 Westbound Hangman Trestle.

Overall, good video. I'm not sure what drone you're flying but you might have tried tracking to fly parallel to the train, camera facing the engine. If you're shooting 4K you could even zoom in, in the editing process, for a closer shot (assuming the video is edited as HD, not 4K). For the future, maybe put a GoPro on the ground or on a tripod somewhere (like by the trestle or along a straight piece of track) to have a nice ground level shot to cut in with the train passing. I'm impressed you obviously drove out to the middle-of-nowhere to get the shots!

Overall, good video. I'm not sure what drone you're flying but you might have tried tracking to fly parallel to the train, camera facing the engine. If you're shooting 4K you could even zoom in, in the editing process, for a closer shot (assuming the video is edited as HD, not 4K). For the future, maybe put a GoPro on the ground or on a tripod somewhere (like by the trestle or along a straight piece of track) to have a nice ground level shot to cut in with the train passing. I'm impressed you obviously drove out to the middle-of-nowhere to get the shots!
Some good ideas = Thank you. I had a GoPro mounted in the cab and one in the gon. I also had two videos cameras on the ground. These all ended up being separate videos which I post on my FB page. It is fun to fly while all the other cameras are doing their thing.

Some good ideas = Thank you. I had a GoPro mounted in the cab and one in the gon. I also had two videos cameras on the ground. These all ended up being separate videos which I post on my FB page. It is fun to fly while all the other cameras are doing their thing.
I know what you mean. You should combine them though into one video at some point. It could be very entertaining.

Roger, Any idea where the name Hangmans Trestle came from. I enjoyed the video.
Neville, Queensland, Australia

Roger, Any idea where the name Hangmans Trestle came from. I enjoyed the video.
Neville, Queensland, Australia
The story goes. A horse thief named Ferguson was hanged there. This was the nearest spot that was high enough to hang someone from where they caught him.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk