DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CAA Registration

BogeyBlack

Reactions
Me and me drones have just registered with the CAA and noticed that my registration expires on 5 November 2022 as this does not become law until 30 November surely my renewal should be 30 November 2022. I've just lost 3 weeks of my licence already.

No, it's a three year renewal. Otherwise people who be a drone after would be losing out if it only ran until 30th Nov 2022

If I register before it becomes law (like I have done) then my renewal should be from the date it becomes law +3 years

Err no it isn't . But hey don't want to argue but you can MOT a month earlier than the due date
Bad example as I didn't realise it could be longer than 12 months. But either way you haven't lost out because you get 3yr flyer, and 1yr operator regardless of date you do it.

You still have a 3 year licence, it just starts earlier than necessary, the fact that it isn't mandatory yet is irrelevant.

Reactions: Big.M
Yes, what I am getting at is the fact that those who register early loose a month, gosh, I wish I'd never started the thread

It's rubbish. It's not the money it's the principle. At no point during registration, or leading up to it is there a mention on the CAA web site that those registering early are penalised and lose a month.
I've emailed a complaint in to the CAA.

Reactions: BogeyBlack
whats all the fuss about ,the registration becomes law from the 30th november,if you choose to register before that date then a year later your required to register on the same date to remain in compliance, but dont worry we will probably have to do it all again next year, when we are supposed to be adopting the European regulations sometime in the summer, i will be more interested on how many people actually do register by the 30th and if people dont register i hope they get fined at no point in the CAA website did it say that the registration will run from the 30th november to the 30th next year all it said was you need to register before the 30th

Reactions: THE CYBORG
at no point in the CAA website did it say that the registration will run from the 30th november to the 30th next year all it said was you need to register before the 30th

Very much so. There are undoubtedly going to be new drone owners post-November 2019, not to mention tourists who will also need to register (something else the CAA isn't really making as clear as they perhaps should!).

While it might be tweaked and/or replaced with something else at some point in the future, the registration site is going to have to run indefinitely, or until it's scrapped. I suppose the latter is possible if the CAA fails to get the word out to casual fliers and the take-up is so abysmal the scheme is quietly dropped. Realistically, I can't see that happening though; far more likely they CAA will just up the fees to fund some more publicity and moan about the lack of enforcement (which isn't their problem).

It's rubbish. It's not the money it's the principle. At no point during registration, or leading up to it is there a mention on the CAA web site that those registering early are penalised and lose a month.
I've emailed a complaint in to the CAA.

Agree entirely and put it on the feedback form. Mine is from today 9th Nov.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest