DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cable Cam with Litchi on Mavic 2 Pro w/ smart controller

dirtbikefool

Reactions
CableCam missions with Litchi used to be possible on my Mavic 2 Pro. Waypoint missions where the pilot can control the speed of the mission with the right stick. Even "rewind" the mission if desired. I only played around with it a coupel times, then got rid of that drone.

I upgraded to a Mini 3 Pro and apparently the DJI SDK no longer supports this Cable Cam function on my newer drone. Bummer. I'm considering purchasing my friends old Mavic 2 Pro but I'd need to install Litchi on his Smart Controller, rather than on the phone controller that I had with my M2Pro.

I know new firmeware has added RID and and a bunch of other functionality, but has it removed this Cable Cam ability from the MAvic 2 pro?

If I purchaed my friends Mavic 2 Pro w/ Smart Controller, would I be able to load Litchi and run these Cable Cam missions like I used to a few years ago with my old M2Pro w/phone controller?

Thansk!

The M2Pro and the Mini 3 Pro operate on different SDKs. The Litchi version that is built on MSDKv5 (for the Mini 3 Pro) is still in Beta. Is that the version of Litchi that you had tried with your Mini 3 Pro?
The CableCam mission is simply a waypoint mission with specific instructions for setting a button and the Mission Settings. It doesnt utilize any special functions of the MSDKv5.

I might be using imprecise or wrong terminology. I've considered 'Cable Cam' to be this specific ability of a waypoint mission where the pilot can control the mission speed at all times with the right joystick. Even make the drone pause or fly the mission backwards by letting go of the stick or pulling it to 'reverse'.

My understanding is that this functionality is not possible with my newer Mini 3 Pro with the MSDKv5 SDK.

My question is, Can I buy my friends older Mavic 2 Pro with smart controller, install Litchi and fly these 'Cable Cam' missions? Or have firmware updates to the older Mavic 2 eliminated support for this, like the new SDK for my Mini 3 Pro has?

Thanks,

Yes, waypoints are supported in MSDKv5, but apparently not zero speed mission, with mission speed controled real-time, by the pilot. This is based off tech support ticket from Litchi, maybe a year ago when the SDK for the Mini 3 Pro was released. Waypoint missions are suported, but only pre-determined speeds. It was described to me by support that DJI now considers this a 'professional' feature, not consumer/prosumer.

Regardless, my Mini 3 Pro isn't fast enough to film the dirt biking I'm trying to get. I consistently get outrun by the bikes in sport mode. I need to be using a faster Mavic Pro 2 or 3.

Since the older Mavic Pro 2 doesn't use the newer SDK, can I install Litchi and fly these variable speed missions? I'm worried that some firmware update might have removed this capability, but it seems unlikely?

Yes, waypoints are supported in MSDKv5, but apparently not zero speed mission, with mission speed controled real-time, by the pilot.
That is correct. "Virtual stick" drones do not offer the ability to control the speed in real-time using the right stick.

If I purchaed my friends Mavic 2 Pro w/ Smart Controller, would I be able to load Litchi and run these Cable Cam missions like I used to a few years ago with my old M2Pro w/phone controller?
Yes. The Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom provides this feature. You can even create a mission with a cruising speed of zero. Upon execution, the drone will fly to the first waypoint and stop. From that point on, you can fly the mission either forward or backward using the right stick. It had been a while since I have done this but I just tested it and it worked (with the RC1A / RC1B controller). I am running firmware 01.00.0700.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne