DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cable for M2 controller to phone- same cable as for Mini? What type of port on the Controller?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I have a M2P coming this weekend and I always like having spare props and cables, the little things that can spoil a day if they fail without backup.
Does the M2 use the same cable that goes from the controller to the phone as the Mini? If so, is that a standard type port like a USB-c or some other type? I've not seen anything like it before.

Not the same?
Pretty sure they both have a micro usb on the controller end.

Not the same?
Pretty sure they both have a micro usb on the controller end.
While one would use a micro USB for charging the controller, the configuration of the connecting cable is not a micro USB but something else. It looks similar to a USB-c but I'm not sure and I wouldn't dare try to plug one of those in without knowing. I would suspect that the controller→iPhone lightning cable would be the same, but my M2P hasn't arrived yet. I'm one of those crazy old ex-BoyScouts that likes to prepare for everything, and as a former wedding photographer where stuff going bad isn't "if", but when and how bad, I don't run with gear without some sort of redundancy.

The m2pro or zoom have an option to use a standard usb at the bottom of the controller. The side ports are the same.C34F50A0-E596-4AFD-ABF7-CEB724BC22B0.jpeg

It is a micro usb on the side of the controller but you have to make sure that it is oriented correctly. They are the same on the mini. Just be careful inserting it as I have seen a couple of stories of someone forcing it the wrong way and breaking the connector. Stay safe!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras