DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cable help

Mrmund

Reactions
Hey guys, I've been searching around for a cable and haven't found one. I'm hoping you guys might have a suggestion.
I'm looking for a short, around 6 inches or so USB A(to go in RC) to USB B (to go into my phone).
The one that comes from DJI doesn't work with my phone because the little flap that covers to plug gets in the way. I'm using an old OTC cable I have from my Spark and another longer cable twist tied together but it pretty cumbersome.
Any help would be much appreciated

Hey guys, I've been searching around for a cable and haven't found one. I'm hoping you guys might have a suggestion.
I'm looking for a short, around 6 inches or so USB A(to go in RC) to USB B (to go into my phone).
The one that comes from DJI doesn't work with my phone because the little flap that covers to plug gets in the way. I'm using an old OTC cable I have from my Spark and another longer cable twist tied together but it pretty cumbersome.
Any help would be much appreciated
I think you may be confused about what kind of connection goes into your phone. Typically they are Micro USB, USB C and whatever APPL is using. In any event I have hot glued a short right angle Micro to my controller. It has a USB A Female that can attach to pretty much anything. I use an OTG so that I can power my tab 8, (Mavic Mini), or both controller and and tab8", (Mavic Pro), at the same time. No more worries about wear on the MC plug.

Attachments

• Pro OTG .jpg
    Pro OTG .jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • MC OTG.jpg
    MC OTG.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 13
Thanks CareyL,
I’m looking to replace the bundle I have with something short and direct. DJI supplies a cable but the L shape interferes with the flap on my phone.40F863BD-C6A6-4F9A-811F-5B9024292163.jpeg

Use a coiled one like the Connecthor from Thors Drone World in Norway.
Great shipping worldwide, and cables are A1.
The coiled cable = very neat and out of the way, plus right angle into devices are brilliant.

You originally asked for USB-A ??

If you want something else, then check out their website general cables . . .

or they have a chat service which is good (pending hours etc)

Thanks Mavic_South_Oz,

Yeah, I meant the micros A and B. The problem I have is the right angle in the "phone end" on the OEM interferes with the flap on my phone. It's for my new Mini, I have almost the same set up as you for my bigger gear. I'm looking for something really streamlined for this set up.
I'll check out that link you sent, Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ