DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cable question

randall.p

Reactions
Would anybody know where I can find a cable that goes from my samsung s3 tablet USB-C to the mavic mini controller.Ive asked at the dji store and I swear I was talking to a machine as he kept saying the same exact thing over and over. I know the tablet works as I had it working with the short cable just to test it.it also works on my samsung 10e phone. Fyi..thank you kindly

Many suppliers of custom cables for Mini.
The main thing is that the Micro side of the cable connecting to the RC is wired for OTG.
Personally I bought from Amazon a UGreen micro OTG adapter with full A port on the other end so I can use any of my existing cables for my phone/tablets.

Would anybody know where I can find a cable that goes from my samsung s3 tablet USB-C to the mavic mini controller.Ive asked at the dji store and I swear I was talking to a machine as he kept saying the same exact thing over and over. I know the tablet works as I had it working with the short cable just to test it.it also works on my samsung 10e phone. Fyi..thank you kindly
Any Micro USB. (bevelled corners) to an OTG. See the picture. The Y to power bank is optional. (If used plug in the power after connecting).

Attachments

• MC OTG.jpg
    MC OTG.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: grahamjohnson10
I did buy from ebay but the cable did not work, so in the end ordered from Drone Valley and it works fine.
Ive got a box full of non returnable crap from fleabay..I try not to buy from them unless abso nec.. I put my mini to work dusting the house..Does a better job then ah oops I better stop while I'm still standing..

I have one bought in the supermarket for about 2 usd. Really a no name, but it just works.

Attachments

• IMG_20191217_115216_2.jpg
    IMG_20191217_115216_2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 19
I have one bought in the supermarket for about 2 usd. Really a no name, but it just works.
I live in a small town and the only shopping here is basically online...Thats a really good deal..So one end fits in the mm controller and the other is a usb-c ? I paid ten times what you did ...gulp
thanks for the reply

Yes, one end fits in the mm controller and the other is a usb-c. I've used it originally as a charge sync cable for my old Lenovo phone with micro usb. My Notebook docking station (also Lenovo) has limited USB ports and I had to improvise. Now that I changed the phone and bought the drone, this cable has found a new life.

Btw.. I consider myself lucky, as I never saw another one like this, in the same store again. :)
You can find cheap ones online on Aliexpress. Here is an example: No name Charge and Sync cable for 3.91 USD. The only catch is that delivery is slow.

Last edited:
Yes, one end fits in the mm controller and the other is a usb-c. I've used it originally as a charge sync cable for my old Lenovo phone with micro usb. My Notebook docking station (also Lenovo) has limited USB ports and I had to improvise. Now that I changed the phone and bought the drone, this cable has found a new life.

Btw.. I consider myself lucky, as I never saw another one like this, in the same store again. :)
You can find cheap ones online on Aliexpress. Here is an example: No name Charge and Sync cable for 3.91 USD. The only catch is that delivery is slow.
What is the fitting on the controller called.Ive never seen this kind of connection.is it dji's own connector or do I sleep to much?

What is the fitting on the controller called.Ive never seen this kind of connection.is it dji's own connector or do I sleep to much?
No worries my friend. The port looks weird as it has the metallic margin that is why you say that you did not see it before. It's like TruGreen said just a regular Micro Usb connector.

Reactions: WooZie
its a micro

I appreciate your reply..The cable at aliexpress is not the cable I need.. the cable there, is a usb-c to micro usb-b I need usb-c to micro usb-a according to this site... Understand USB Cable Types and Which One to Use

I appreciate your reply..The cable at aliexpress is not the cable I need.. the cable there, is a usb-c to micro usb-b I need usb-c to micro usb-a according to this site... Understand USB Cable Types and Which One to Use
thank you all for your input..Im pretty Schooled now on usb plugs thanks to you all...The guy (jac1957)who sent me the link to amazon cable today yes this is the correct cable I need..Just saying micro isnt sufficient as there are two types of micro.the b which weve all learned to live with that only fits one way has beveled corners and is/was the most popular one out there.and the mico-a which is new to my eyes that is on the mm controller. Theres actually 6 different types of usb connectors.ya news to me.I thought only 3 before this. usb-c rules. yay finally....They should have used this from the start as Im sure many have had the experience of inserting the wrong way..its just plain stupid.and you know what forest gump sais about stupid..Thank you all for your inputs and I hope weve all learned together the story of the usb plug. ciao

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CtrlAltDlt