DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cached audio

Azarov

Reactions
I am impressed with the Mavic ability to record an audio on my iPhone.
You can pick up a natural surrounding sound and making your comments on spot.

After some time digging into DJI documents and forums and not able to find an answer I made my logic to find out the following.

Enable Video cache with Audio in DJI GO 4 General settings.
After you recorded some video with the audio on your phone,
Connect your iPhone to your Mac with the cable.
Start Music (iTunes).
Open up you connected device, i.e. iPhone.
Sync.
Select Files.
Copy videoCache folder out of DJI GO 4 folder to your Mac local folder, any folder.

In that particular folder you will find both high resolution video (.mov) without audio and a lower resolution video (.mp4) with the audio.

More amazingly I discovered that using iMovie for instance I can combine high resolution video with the audio striped out of a low resolution video .mp4.

P.S. I would be glad to share my video clip with you, however .mp4 and any other video formats are not permitted on this forum.

Imma going to make popcorn for the eventual "why would you wanna do this?" thread.

Meanwhile, you can post your video to Youtube (or any other site) and provide a link to it.

Chris

Reactions: Camino Ken
Depends on why your flying. Sometimes you'd like to note in real time what it is that your looking at. When you go back to edit the video you may want to listen to the audio and place on screen comments at particular places. I can see how it would be useful for stuff like inspections, virtual tours, etc.

Reactions: Azarov
Imma going to make popcorn for the eventual "why would you wanna do this?" thread.

Meanwhile, you can post your video to Youtube (or any other site) and provide a link to it.

Chris
"You can pick up a natural surrounding sound and making your comments on spot."
In addition to that, I recorded a sound of the ocean in sync with the video.

I am impressed with the Mavic ability to record an audio on my iPhone.
You can pick up a natural surrounding sound and making your comments on spot.

After some time digging into DJI documents and forums and not able to find an answer I made my logic to find out the following.

Enable Video cache with Audio in DJI GO 4 General settings.
After you recorded some video with the audio on your phone,
Connect your iPhone to your Mac with the cable.
Start Music (iTunes).
Open up you connected device, i.e. iPhone.
Sync.
Select Files.
Copy videoCache folder out of DJI GO 4 folder to your Mac local folder, any folder.

In that particular folder you will find both high resolution video (.mov) without audio and a lower resolution video (.mp4) with the audio.

More amazingly I discovered that using iMovie for instance I can combine high resolution video with the audio striped out of a low resolution video .mp4.

P.S. I would be glad to share my video clip with you, however .mp4 and any other video formats are not permitted on this forum.
Thanks so much for this. It works a dream. Amazed how clear the audio is and how low the propeller noise is. Do you have a work around for Mavic air 2? I've found the same process doesn't seem to work. - Phil

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada