DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calabria, Italy - 4k cinematic video - First iteration

I enjoyed it, especially the aircraft taking off or landing on the sea - look forward to the finished video.

Hello all,

I'm working on a cinematic video of the beautiful region of Calabria, southern Italy. The final video will have name of the place with after effects.

I'll appreciate your constructive critics. Footage took with a MA2.

I gave it a like...of course. Wonderful and zippy mixture of old world towns and bridges and buildings with modern day touches. Beautiful warm Tuscan-like colors, great seashore vistas, great patterns of boat wakes, divers, swimmers, and great overhead view of traffic on roads through the forest. The sound track was well synched and was a good selection. I liked the fast editing. Having done a complete and thorough drive through Calabria with my wife, you captured the essence of the region. (We drove from Puglia to Sicily, crossing with the ferry from Regio Calabria to Messina).

Only negative comment- the final title was in Italian- couldn't read it. Would you please send us a translation to English if you have time?

Dale
Miami,Florida

Thank you Dale! i'm glad you liked my video.

The text at the end is a quote from Leonida Repaci, a well known calabrian writer from the early 1900's. The text is going to be at the beginning of the video and will have english subtitles. The translations goes something like this:

"When it was the day of Calabria, God found in his hand 15,000 sq km of green clay with purple reflections. He thought that with that clay it was possible to model a country for a maximum of two million inhabitants. Immersed in a creative vigor, the Lord, promised himself to make a masterpiece."

I have no criticisms. Looked fantastic from start to finish. Great techniques and colours.

Thank you Dale! i'm glad you liked my video.

The text at the end is a quote from Leonida Repaci, a well known calabrian writer from the early 1900's. The text is going to be at the beginning of the video and will have english subtitles. The translations goes something like this:

"When it was the day of Calabria, God found in his hand 15,000 sq km of green clay with purple reflections. He thought that with that clay it was possible to model a country for a maximum of two million inhabitants. Immersed in a creative vigor, the Lord, promised himself to make a masterpiece."
A most fitting quote!!! The region is truly a gem. We loved it when we were there. Most tourists seem not to know about the southern parts of Italy. That's fine with me. Less tourists to get into my photos! I am attaching a map of our driving trip.

Dale
Miami
Southern Italy-Sicily Trip.jpg

big like! checking airfares :)
Yes- you will be quite happy with this trip. Fly to Rome, then fly to Bari and rent a car. Follow this route. Stay in the best places you can find. The rooms and food are amazing. The small towns quite scenic. Concentrate on Lecce with side trips, Alberobello, then Matera, and of course, magnificent Sicily, Mt. Etna, and glorious Palermo! (I actually managed to drive there and lived to tell the tale). Fly back to Rome from Palermo. We did a full day following the movie Godfather scenes in Savoca , Sicily. They actually do Godfather tours. (dance on the street where Michael gets married).

Reactions: hiflyer201
Very nicely done. Some great scenes coupled with a good music choice and nice cuts to the music. Very well done and a pleasure to watch. Thanks for posting.

Hello all,

I'm working on a cinematic video of the beautiful region of Calabria, southern Italy. The final video will have name of the place with after effects.

I'll appreciate your constructive critics. Footage took with a MA2.

This is GREAT! I see things like this and know I am doing things wrong with my MA2. Haha
Do you use any ND filters or anything? Or mostly just do some editing in post?

This is GREAT! I see things like this and know I am doing things wrong with my MA2. Haha
Do you use any ND filters or anything? Or mostly just do some editing in post?
Yes. I always use ND filters. it is more noticeable for low altitude, fast moving takes since the ND filters allow you to control the shutter speed and ensure the 180° rule. That's what gives the correct motion blur for the cinematic feel.

Reactions: JML Drone Services
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada