DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Summer vacation - Calabria (South Italy)

Photo-Sorko

Reactions
Site
photo-sorko.at
Hello everyone!

This year I spent three weeks in Calabria. It was one of the best if not the best summer vacation I ever had. I already was there last year, so I knew the club I was staying at and a bit of the region. I went there by car, so beside swimming in the turquoise-blue sea I did a few trips. One was to the cities of Tropea and Cosenza, the village Civita and of course around the club in Villapiana Lido. I learned to sail sport catamarans (and got the licence) and had a lot of fun with other sailors.

The people in the region are very, very friendly and welcoming. Sometimes it's not easy to chat because I only speak English beside German and it's not so common there. But with the help of an online translator, everything is possible. Also a shout out to the very helpful and friendly authorities, to get flying permissions on normally restricted zones (like on the beach).

If you ever have the chance to visit this region in Italy, do it!

The following video features Tropea, Civita, the Aldiana Club Calabria, Villapiana Lido and the Ferragosto party at the club. I filmed with the Mavic 3 Pro, Mini 2 and FPV drones. On the ground with the Canon M6 II, DJI Osmo and Insta 360 One R.

I really hope, that I can get there again next year. Still a lot to discover!

Greetings Jürgen

Hello everyone!

This year I spent three weeks in Calabria. It was one of the best if not the best summer vacation I ever had. I already was there last year, so I knew the club I was staying at and a bit of the region. I went there by car, so beside swimming in the turquoise-blue sea I did a few trips. One was to the cities of Tropea and Cosenza, the village Civita and of course around the club in Villapiana Lido. I learned to sail sport catamarans (and got the licence) and had a lot of fun with other sailors.

The people in the region are very, very friendly and welcoming. Sometimes it's not easy to chat because I only speak English beside German and it's not so common there. But with the help of an online translator, everything is possible. Also a shout out to the very helpful and friendly authorities, to get flying permissions on normally restricted zones (like on the beach).

The following video features Tropea, Civita, the Aldiana Club Calabria, Villapiana Lido and the Ferragosto party at the club. I filmed with the Mavic 3 Pro, Mini 2 and FPV drones. On the ground with the Canon M6 II, DJI Osmo and Insta 360 One R.

Greetings Jürgen
Oh wow, that’s not the Calabria I spent the summer at in ‘79. The small beachside fishing village I was at had amazing seafood and no foreign tourists! It was just locals and other Italians who knew about it (like my family there).

Nice video though, just sad to see how much it changed….

Grazie Multo!

Reactions: Photo-Sorko
Thank you very much. To be honest, I was more or less in the most visited cities and it's almost only Italians. As soon as you are somewhere else (like Trebisacce or Sibari, there aren't any tourists. Even over the 15th of August.

Nice!

Hello everyone!

Greetings Jürgen
Great video! I lived in Italy for 5 years and spent all my summers down south... Amalfi, Positano, Maggiore, Minore, and in Calabria. Diamante, Catanzaro, the whole region by motorcycle! Great memories. Thanks for flight down memory lane!