DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 ClubMed Kemer 2023 summer vibes & first contact with a mega Yacht drone defence system

bjhirsch

Reactions
Summer Vibes ClubMed Bodrum. A summer beach vacation needs always a bit more "action" than just swimming & sailing for me, so here is my usual summer vacation postcard with some relaxed flying during our recent trip to ClubMed Bodrum in Turkey. Really a perfect place to relax with always good wind for the catamarans & a lot of nature. And quite a VIP spot this summer, the big yacht arriving can be rented for 2,8 M$ per week (not really my vqcation budget :) without essence, harbour & food expenses and not including the 10% tip to the 36 people on the staff. It even had a drone protection system, totally cutting out my signal & connection to the drone when I was closer than 200 meters .. a very scary moment as this happened the first time to me and I thought that my drone is lost. Especially as the drone was out 2,6 km over the sea already, so I thought “bye bye drone” when all of a sudden all signals went out & no image anymore on the controller, but I was saved as the automatic “ return to home” kicked in and I recovered control & image when the drone was again 300 meters away from the yacht. Enjoy and as always .. any critic is welcome ! Link at the top 1697462654938.png

Last edited:
Nice!

Reactions: bjhirsch
Summer Vibes ClubMed Bodrum. A summer beach vacation needs always a bit more "action" than just swimming & sailing for me, so here is my usual summer vacation postcard with some relaxed flying during our recent trip to ClubMed Bodrum in Turkey. Really a perfect place to relax with always good wind for the catamarans & a lot of nature. And quite a VIP spot this summer, the big yacht arriving can be rented for 2,8 M$ per week (not really my vqcation budget :) without essence, harbour & food expenses and not including the 10% tip to the 36 people on the staff. It even had a drone protection system, totally cutting out my signal & connection to the drone when I was closer than 200 meters .. a very scary moment as this happened the first time to me and I thought that my drone is lost. Especially as the drone was out 2,6 km over the sea already, so I thought “bye bye drone” when all of a sudden all signals went out & no image anymore on the controller, but I was saved as the automatic “ return to home” kicked in and I recovered control & image when the drone was again 300 meters away from the yacht. Enjoy and as always .. any critic is welcome ! Link at the top View attachment 169200
Wow what a video…and what a wonderful place..👍🏻

Reactions: bjhirsch

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne