DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibrate Compass

I’ve not needed to calibrate mine yet. Is there a magnetic source close to where you keep your drone? Sounds like a magnetism problem. I experience that frequently with my Phantom 4, but not yet with the Mini 2.

Yeah I don't know what the deal is. Maybe cause I store it in with all my other drones. Who knows. Just seems a bit odd. Never had that happen before.

I can't launch the Mini 2 from my driveway like the MPP. It's just more sensitive to the metal rebar in the slab. I can, however, if from my hand. Then it will RTH tight on the driveway, it back to my hand.

Is it just me or does anyone else have to calibrate the compass on the mini 2 all the time?
Try this. Launch from your hand. See if it's less often then. If less often, the compass doesn't like the place on the ground, or driveway. My Mini 2 is more sensitive to the rebar in our driveway than my Spark or Mavic Pro.

Sounds like it might be the rebar. Yesterday after launching from a sidewalk, I landed on a different spot with different pavement and it gave me a compass error. I was on the move, so I just powered down thinking I'll have to recalibrate at the next spot. At the second launch location, no error at all during startup sequence.

By the way, the easiest way to launch from your hand is do this:
1. Hold the drone up by grasping if with fingers and thumb from underneath, below line of propellers.
2. With the left hand, preferably with the controller on a tether from around your neck, pull the two sticks down and in, to start the motors idling.
3. Then just toss the drone up a little and the engines will rev and the drone will hover till you take off and fly away.
This way you can avoid any underground, under concrete, interference from metal.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada