DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibrating compass on Mavic pro 2 using Moverio

Welsh pilot

Reactions
Once in the go 4 app and connected I alway calibrate before every flight but now I have the Moverio I go to settings and there is no option to calibrate
Only a screen that says “compass normal” with no option at all to calibrate
Anyone got an answer please

Once in the go 4 app and connected I alway calibrate before every flight but now I have the Moverio I go to settings and there is no option to calibrate
Only a screen that says “compass normal” with no option at all to calibrate
Anyone got an answer please
In line with this, I became aware on a recent trip to South Africa, even though I travelled quite long distances of over a hundred kilometres between Mavic flights, no matter how I tried to compass calibrate at each new location, it didn't seem to think it was necessary, so I just went ahead, took off, flew and landed automatically via Auto Take Off & Landing with no problems. I only needed to calibrate once at the beginning of the trip, not far from Johannesburg and not again, even as far away as the south coast near Cape Town, even though the manual suggests doing so if there is more than 10 km between locations! Attempted to re-calibrate at each location but the info' on my 8" tablet screen stated the compass situation was normal. Go figure! Unfortunately due to a last minute mix-up prior to catching the flight from the UK to South Africa, I left behind my own Moverio glasses so I can't comment on the issues with them you describe but I'll certainly keep a weather eye open for them and report back if I come across them also.

Reactions: Welsh pilot
Thanks guys I been offline a while so delay getting back but I found out how to calibrate now.
You touch the three dots option in go 4 and it’s in there somewhere lol
I’ve done it but can’t explain at moment!

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Thanks guys I been offline a while so delay getting back but I found out how to calibrate now.
You touch the three dots option in go 4 and it’s in there somewhere lol
I’ve done it but can’t explain at moment!
Yes, you got it figured. In my case, despite touching the 3 dots in the top right hand corner of my tablet and having travelled way more than the manual's 10 km, it nonetheless said everything compass-wise was OK & didn't invite me to re-calibrate. Did it anyway without a walk-through by the system with no problems. Having returned to the UK last week I'll set up my own Moverio glasses & take a look-see to find out if I can replicate your problem.

Yes, you got it figured. In my case, despite touching the 3 dots in the top right hand corner of my tablet and having travelled way more than the manual's 10 km, it nonetheless said everything compass-wise was OK & didn't invite me to re-calibrate. Did it anyway without a walk-through by the system with no problems. Having returned to the UK last week I'll set up my own Moverio glasses & take a look-see to find out if I can replicate your problem.

IMG_8413.JPG

This was the kind reply from another member. Follow it in the Moverio version go 4 app and it will allow you to re-calibrate even though it says “compass ok” on the other screen.
Due to flyaways I have always calibrated compass on every battery change since my old phantom vision days and never had a problem
Glad I was able to find the option as this go 4 app as it is different from the one on my iPhone

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
View attachment 75875

This was the kind reply from another member. Follow it in the Moverio version go 4 app and it will allow you to re-calibrate even though it says “compass ok” on the other screen.
Due to flyaways I have always calibrated compass on every battery change since my old phantom vision days and never had a problem
Glad I was able to find the option as this go 4 app as it is different from the one on my iPhone
Thanks for that info'.

Reactions: Welsh pilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada