DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibrating every flight

Clarky

Reactions
For my mavic mini it tells me to calibrate every flight. Even during sometimes.

To note, i did launch it from a convertible with roof down. I had an idea that i could stay warm and fly at the same time.

However is it this that is the issue?
I will brave the cold it it means i wont lose my bird.

To note, i did launch it from a convertible with roof down. I had an idea that i could stay warm and fly at the same time.
You can fly from inside the car but don't launch from the car.
Your compass isn't telling you to recalibrate it.
It's complaining about the magnetic field of the steel car body.

Reactions: Clarky
You can fly from inside the car but don't launch from the car.
Your compass isn't telling you to recalibrate it.
It's complaining about the magnetic field of the steel car body.

So to get around the message i need to launch outside then i can then sit back inside it? Or is it calibrates and its just a warning message?

So to get around the message i need to launch outside then i can then sit back inside it? Or is it calibrates and its just a warning message?
Power up your drone well away from your car and you shouldn't be seeing that message.

Do a calibration away from anything with metal, including, but not limited to watches, phones, belt buckles etc. Don't forget to think about underground pipes and rebar in concrete.
Once that is done you should be good to go.
Now you can go fly, Just make sure the AC take off point is away from your vehicle, and again, anything that may contain metal.
And always, double check your sensor states, compass(es), and the IMU, making sure all is in the green zone.
And when you hear the nice lady say "The homepoint has been updated, please check it on the map", or something like that, you lift off, and double check the controls respond as they should, off you go...into the wild blue yonder...

And don't forget, keep an eye on your signal strength for the RC to AC connection. Depending on the vehicle, can/may cause issues...

Do a calibration away from anything with metal, including, but not limited to watches, phones, belt buckles etc. Don't forget to think about underground pipes and rebar in concrete.
Once that is done you should be good to go.
Now you can go fly, Just make sure the AC take off point is away from your vehicle, and again, anything that may contain metal.
And always, double check your sensor states, compass(es), and the IMU, making sure all is in the green zone.
And when you hear the nice lady say "The homepoint has been updated, please check it on the map", or something like that, you lift off, and double check the controls respond as they should, off you go...into the wild blue yonder...

And don't forget, keep an eye on your signal strength for the RC to AC connection. Depending on the vehicle, can/may cause issues...

How far from the transmitter and phone (min) would you say to be during calibration? 6ft or more?

How far from the transmitter and phone (min) would you say to be during calibration? 6ft or more?
When I do this I hold the drone in one hand and my RC w/CS in the other hand... gotta see the screen for the prompts on position change.

Ah, just trying to understand the statement in the manual about metal objects such as cell phones and interference while calibrating.

Ah, just trying to understand the statement in the manual about metal objects such as cell phones and interference while calibrating.
Yes, I do put my watch in my pocket and don’t use cellphone personally... it’s always at 10-15 feet distance... but again, I fly with CS or SC and they are in my other hand. No problems ever.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada