DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibration error??

Reactions
Hi, I have a mavic mini and I calibrated but, I still have an icon down in the center of the screen and it sais that I should calibrate it...but, I just did it. And I think because of that, inside I can't control it...it goes in attitude mode. Do you have any answer??? Tks

Welcome to the forum :D

Can you share a screen shot showing the icon down in the center of the screen..?

Welcome to the forum :D

Can you share a screen shot showing the icon down in the center of the screen..?
Sorry for the delay, I've been busy lately. So, this is my problem, besides, almost every time I have to calibrate compas and IMU. Tks

Attachments

• IMG-20200308-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20200308-WA0005.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-20200308-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20200308-WA0006.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 21
I see no message for any calibration in the images provided.
The item that would concern me that is visible, is the critical low battery.
Do you fly it down to that battery level?

Yes, sometimes is near me and I'm trying it more.
But, what is that red icon in the bottom of the screen...red semi-circle?? Normally it should be white and an arrow.

Oh, and in the menu it's always asking me (in blue colour) to calibrate the drone. I will provide a picture of the menu. Is it broken...or...what???

Now I remember, the drone was standing on the ground at that battery level...;)

This icon have nothing to do with your Mini's compass at all ... that is an indicator to help you to point your RC towards the Mini in the air. It's working from your mobile device compass.
If your mobile doesn't have any or if it's deactivated for some reason that symbol you have will occur.

Your screen in the top ... below another Fly app showing a working indicator.

1583684834746.png

This icon have nothing to do with your Mini's compass at all ... that is an indicator to help you to point your RC towards the Mini in the air. It's working from your mobile device compass.
If your mobile doesn't have any or if it's deactivated for some reason that symbol you have will occur.

View attachment 96102
You said about activating compass on my phone. Well, I have a Huawei p30 lite, can you help me with this? Tks

View attachment 96102
So, I have the pictures for my problem. Almost every time I'm asked to do calibration. Is there a problem with my mavic mini? It's driving me crazy!!

Attachments

• IMG-20200308-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20200308-WA0018.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20200308-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20200308-WA0019.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 13

View attachment 96102

View attachment 96102
I was under the impression that the red device icon with the slash through it means that the device being used is not supported by the fly app. I don’t think it has anything to do with a compass in the device.
Someone confirm please!

Oh, and in the menu it's always asking me (in blue colour) to calibrate the drone. I will provide a picture of the menu. Is it broken...or...what???
Blue color “calibrate” is not a request for you to calibrate. That is just the click spot on the app if you chose to do that task.

That icon will turn red when the GPS is weak at the drone or the phone. E.g. it always shows up like that when flying indoor.

However, I have big problem in understanding why it turns red sometimes even in very good GPS and radio conditions on both the phone's and the drone's side. This can be seen in this ( long and boring ) video on a range test done with my Mini earlier :

The phone was an iphone 11 pro. From 13:15 and 14:30, the icon turned red during the flight like that in the OP's screen capture before it changed back to normal automatically. Can anyone explain why ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki