DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

California man gets 1-year probation for flying drone near gyrocopter, blimp, Coast guard copter , Published 12-29-2023

I suppose you can liken the criminal behavior of this guy to a car driver who repeatedly runs red lights just at the time when pedestrians are about to cross the lane. He sees the pedestrians, but he runs the red anyway.

Then you have to ask, what punishment by the police he would get? He would get a ticket for running the red light only. He would not get in trouble for something like attempted manslaughter, even though he came inches away from hitting pedestrians.

What's my point? I don't know. I really don't. I guess I'm just giving a better relative example of what this guy did and the punishment he incurred upon himself.
Try three offenses; 1) Failure to yield to a traffic signal 2) Failure to yield to a pedestrian, and 3) Reckless driving.

If the details in this story are true, this is who/what I think about when it comes to putting people in jail for intentional unsafe acts or heavy fines as a result of a trial (which I am glad a case like this will go to trial). But I guess jail is not in teh cards for him, just a hefty civil lawsuit that he'll never pay:

Try three offenses; 1) Failure to yield to a traffic signal 2) Failure to yield to a pedestrian, and 3) Reckless driving.
That's better. Now you have a severe punishment.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne