DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro California Oceans - Mavic 2 Pro - 4K

There's an old saying in golf: Drive for show, putt for dough. Which means big, long drives look good but great putting is where you win. It's the same for video. Anyone can shoot video but editing is where you turn raw video into a "story." Always think that way even when you shoot. What story are you trying to tell? Then, make it come alive in editing. That includes the selection of music, natural sounds (nat-sot) like the ocean crashing on shore, seagulls and more. You can stylize your video if you like in editing with color grading too, to tell a different story. So, in your video, I think you didn't need to speed up the shots, slower is better. In the case of the dolphins, even slow motion would have been great. The music was too Hawaiian. Just something with a fun beat to it would have been fine but music is a matter of taste. Even a title is important. It sets a frame for the viewer of what to expect. If you enjoy editing, good for you. Keep at it. Like putting, it takes a lot of practice to be good at it!

There's an old saying in golf: Drive for show, putt for dough. Which means big, long drives look good but great putting is where you win. It's the same for video. Anyone can shoot video but editing is where you turn raw video into a "story." Always think that way even when you shoot. What story are you trying to tell? Then, make it come alive in editing. That includes the selection of music, natural sounds (nat-sot) like the ocean crashing on shore, seagulls and more. You can stylize your video if you like in editing with color grading too, to tell a different story. So, in your video, I think you didn't need to speed up the shots, slower is better. In the case of the dolphins, even slow motion would have been great. The music was too Hawaiian. Just something with a fun beat to it would have been fine but music is a matter of taste. Even a title is important. It sets a frame for the viewer of what to expect. If you enjoy editing, good for you. Keep at it. Like putting, it takes a lot of practice to be good at it!
Thank you DaveS,
I appreciate all you had to say!
I didn't think it was the best music choice as well, I tried many other songs and I guess I just settled.
I will definitely take into account the speeds of the clips on my next video!! Like you said it takes a lot of practice.
Thanks again,
Dominic

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman