DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Calm, c-c-cold and snowy.

Zbip57

Reactions
I wanted to fly my Mini smoothly through that gap at 0:14, but the downward sensors didn't like being that low and close to the tree stump hidden under the snow. The Mini suddenly jumped up all by itself and nearly climbed into the overhanging spruce branch. I should have anticipated it would do that. Scared me anyway.

Because of the current in the river, the lake never freezes around our dock. There's usually an open pool between the three docks including my two neighbour's. But it has been unusually cold the last few days. I've never seen the ice close in this much, nor the waterfall iced over like that.

Absolutely beautiful footage! Nice, cinematic capture and a stunning location to boot! Excellent job!

very nice video, i could feel the cold while i watched it

This is the more usual ice condition, albeit still quite early in winter last year. The waterfall and the bay under it normally stays clear of ice. It's very strange to see it all iced up now.

Picturesque and very peaceful!

I wanted to fly my Mini smoothly through that gap at 0:14, but the downward sensors didn't like being that low and close to the tree stump hidden under the snow. The Mini suddenly jumped up all by itself and nearly climbed into the overhanging spruce branch. I should have anticipated it would do that. Scared me anyway.

Because of the current in the river, the lake never freezes around our dock. There's usually an open pool between the three docks including my two neighbour's. But it has been unusually cold the last few days. I've never seen the ice close in this much, nor the waterfall iced over like that.

Peaceful! I miss that hush of snow. Of course, we're getting it in Oklahoma today.

Loved the video! Winter scenes are so peaceful and serene to me. I also like in your panning shots how smooth they are, no jumping or blurriness. That's something I've been trying to work on and adjusting settings to get smoother cinematic shots. It's a steep learning curve. Great video though!

My compliments on your beautiful video! It was enjoyable in every way. Loved the smooth flying, the smooth turns, the lack of jerks and yaws, and just seeing the snowy scenery. Well flown, well edited, and perfect music selection.
Great home and location also!

Bravo!

Dale
Miami (where there is no snow for now).

Loved the smooth flying, the smooth turns, the lack of jerks and yaws,...

I regret that abrupt pitch up of the camera at 1:35 when beginning the run over the waterfall. As I started flying forward I realized the camera was pointing slightly down. I was afraid I might not be able to see overhanging branches, so decided to rotate the camera up to level. I really should have backed up and tried that again. But my fingers were already getting cold by then.

Dale
Miami (where there is no snow for now).
I'm tired of winter already and wish we were in Miami too. I'm developing an unhealthy addiction to watching YouTube videos of expensive boats going through Miami's Haulover Inlet. ?

I regret that abrupt pitch up of the camera at 1:35 when beginning the run over the waterfall. As I started flying forward I realized the camera was pointing slightly down. I was afraid I might not be able to see overhanging branches, so decided to rotate the camera up to level. I really should have backed up and tried that again. But my fingers were already getting cold by then.

I'm tired of winter already and wish we were in Miami too. I'm developing an unhealthy addiction to watching YouTube videos of expensive boats going through Miami's Haulover Inlet. ?

My South Beach video will be published here this week end...Hope it gives you some relief.

Reactions: Zbip57

Well done; great footage and very relaxing music..for me definitely the best way to watch snow scenes is on a video :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe