DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

cam auto start

is there a setting to have the camera video start as soon as it as the drone starts up?
No, you have to do it by your own by pressing the record button on the RC or in the GO4 app

Reactions: Ds67888
No, you have to do it by your own by pressing the record button on the RC or in the GO4 app
For some reason I thought I had seen that, but I see alot of things not there these days. Thanks for your replay

The problem is that you need to check focus and exposure/shutter speed settings while aloft for the best results. Litchi has an option to start video recording when a waypoint mission is started but I would not recommend it.

Reactions: Ds67888
The problem is that you need to check focus and exposure/shutter speed settings while aloft for the best results. Litchi has an option to start video recording when a waypoint mission is started but I would not recommend it.
Ohhhhhh, the is where I saw it. Thanks. I have it turned on and want to turn it off. Guess I naot as mental as I thought.

Why wouldn’t you recommend it? I did this all the time with my P3S and never had an issue. This was a couple years ago so is there that much difference now?

Why wouldn’t you recommend it? I did this all the time with my P3S and never had an issue. This was a couple years ago so is there that much difference now?
Okay, I should have paid more attention to the post category, and I see you are flying a Mavic Air. Like the P3S, it has a fixed focus lens set to infinity so the focus should not be a problem when recording at takeoff. My MP camera either needs to be focused by tapping the screen on an object or setting the focus manually. You might still have the issue of needing to adjust your ISO and shutter speed for the conditions though. You can set that to auto exposure but be mindful that it might bump up the ISO and introduce noise in lower light situations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000