DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera and sensors not working after flex/ptz replacement

Jacky

Reactions
Hello

After a quite serious crash I have replaced both the PTZ and the FLEX cable.
The gimball does calibration completely without issues and I can still move the camera up and down, I just get a gimball IMU error after a few seconds (sometimes minutes).
What I don't get is video, info on sd card, serial number of the camera N/A, the mm doesn't want to update and the sensors aren't working.
When I disconnect the PTZ I get a bunch of errors on the sensors
- Does this mean the sensors are still working?
Also when I disconnect the PTZ my drone recognizes the SD card again and is able to do firmware updates again.
When I disconnect the FLEX cable from the gimball, nothing changes except I can't move it up and down anymore.
I have replaced the PTZ cable twice already without any result.
Does this mean that none of the cables is faulty and it's just one of these issues where the drone doesn't pair because the serial numbers don't match up?
The sensors and the camera are 2 completely different parts of the drone so it's weird that they are both not workin without getting any errors.

I have been researching so much but without any results and I really want to fix it myself.
Because why would I buy a second DJI drone if they won't let you repair it yourself. I'd rather buy another brand then.

Cheers

Here you go, this is a step by step video. Pay attention @ 6:54 onward to chose right code for the script...As you can see watching the video...DJI assumes "most" couldn't do this...and I personally think they are right. Go get em' ...good luck :)
This is probably for video feed issue, you will have to source for your area: New Genuine DJI Mavic Mini - Silver LVDS Signal Camera Line Cable for Video Feed | eBay

The video for the IMU Error most probably.

Last edited:
Hello

Thanks for the response
I have seen this video and have tried solving it this way.
This didn't work.
Now I have tried with the an old, faulty PTZ cable and I get the serial number of the camera and the drone reads the SD card.
I still get no video.
This means that the new PTZ cable is probably also faulty.
I thought the PTZ was only for video but apparently a faulty one can generate a lot more issues.
Also when I disconnect the PTZ all the sensors end up giving error messages.
Can someone explain me what exactly the PTZ transmits so I can be sure it's the PTZ and not the flex or a motherboard issue?

Thanks !!

I have exactly same situation like you on my mavic mini. And I doo exactly same recalibrations and try to downgrade software and then upgrade last version but nothings chage. No video feed. Same errors
Vision sensor error 180030
Vision sensor error 180031
Downward vision sensor error 180016
Don't know is it problem in ptz signal cable or is problem is in camera and downward vision sensors or is damaged mother board somewhere. Can't find solution or some info or video on internet or some dji manual