DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Compass Direction

fishcharlie

Reactions
I notice that pictures taken with the Mavic Air 2 include GPS data in the image metadata. However, I can't find any information in the metadata about the compass direction of the photo.

So two questions:

1. Is there a way to view the compass direction of a given photo? Or is it included in the metadata and I'm just missing it?
2. Is there a way to manually enter a specific compass direction and have the Mavic Air 2 rotate to that compass direction?

I notice that pictures taken with the Mavic Air 2 include GPS data in the image metadata. However, I can't find any information in the metadata about the compass direction of the photo.

So two questions:

1. Is there a way to view the compass direction of a given photo? Or is it included in the metadata and I'm just missing it?
2. Is there a way to manually enter a specific compass direction and have the Mavic Air 2 rotate to that compass direction?
1. It's there in the metadata, but you need a metadata viewer that gives you all the metadata (most don't).
It's in the XMP section of the metadata.
What you are looking for is labelled Gimbal Yaw Degree.

i-XNcLBVH-XL.jpg

2. No but you can find a point on the horizon that's on the bearing you want and fly towards that.

Reactions: tlswift58
Intelligent flight modes, course lock?

1. It's there in the metadata, but you need a metadata viewer that gives you all the metadata (most don't).
It's in the XMP section of the metadata.
What you are looking for is labelled Gimbal Yaw Degree.

i-XNcLBVH-XL.jpg

2. No but you can find a point on the horizon that's on the bearing you want and fly towards that.
What app are these screen shots taken from ? It looks well-done and I'd like to check it out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR