DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Filter

minipro3

Reactions
I've never had a need for a filter on my Mini 3 Pro until today. I was flying around noon with full sun above me and when trying to take a video, the remote screen was all greyed out. I thought my camera was defective, but when I switched to Picture instead of video, it cleared up. When I went in my garage - video worked fine. I finally figured out that the sun was greying out my video. Had not encountered that before. So, what do I need for a basic filter and.. do I just keep it on all the time ??

I finally figured out that the sun was greying out my video. Had not encountered that before. So, what do I need for a basic filter and.. do I just keep it on all the time ??
The sun won't grey out your video.
It simply sounds like you had incorrect exposure settings and a filter is not the solution.

Reactions: mobilehomer
Thank you - I have zero knowledge on exposure settings. I must have changed a setting by mistake. what would normal settings be. ??

Thank you - I have zero knowledge on exposure settings. I must have changed a setting by mistake. what would normal settings be. ??
Easiest thing to do is make sure you are set to Auto-exposure when in video mode rather than manual (which DJI calls "Pro").

There's no one answer for what normal settings are, because it depends on the scene, the lighting, and what you are trying to do. Look up the exposure triangle for a basic introduction. If you want more depth, there are whole books written on the subject.

Easiest thing to do is make sure you are set to Auto-exposure when in video mode rather than manual (which DJI calls "Pro").

There's no one answer for what normal settings are, because it depends on the scene, the lighting, and what you are trying to do. Look up the exposure triangle for a basic introduction. If you want more depth, there are whole books written on the subject.

Yes, you were correct. Somehow it got switched to Pro , and when I set back to Auto, it was corrected

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom