DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera not centered

jotas66

Reactions
I have recently replaced the camera on my MP after a crash. The camera was bought on-line and is 100% genuine removed from a disassembled Mavic (as far as I know). The problem is that it doesn´t center, it´s pointing a couple of degree´s to the right (see picture).

Does anyone have a solution to this?

All firmware and the app are updated and have calibrated gimbal, compass and IMU but still the same problem. The camera works fine and records crisp video.

Attachments

• Mavic camera.jpg
    Mavic camera.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 50
Mine is exactly the same after I crashed my Mavic and sent it in for drone doctors to fix it.
I noticed this on my mavic the other day and have tried everything to re-center my camera.

I am thinking it's something to do with the firmware or a setting in go 4 app.

I have recently replaced the camera on my MP after a crash. The camera was bought on-line and is 100% genuine removed from a disassembled Mavic (as far as I know). The problem is that it doesn´t center, it´s pointing a couple of degree´s to the right (see picture).

All firmware and the app are updated and have calibrated gimbal, compass and IMU but still the same problem. The camera works fine and records crisp video.
Can you center it that way in the gimble settings in Go4 app.
I think you can only move it up and down and not sideways.
It's like it just needs a few clicks to the side for it to be centered...
Really weird everything seems to be perfect camera wise with mine just that mine is off centered exactly like yours .

Not possible to center it in Go4 app, wish I could though. You can only trim the horizon. I have been looking for other apps that have that feature without any luck.

Think I have tried everything to get it straight and it´s only a few clicks to the side like yours. Frustrating!

Same problem and mine is pretty much NIB.

as you will be aware when you do a gimbal calibration the mav needs to be on a perfectly level surface as it goes through the calibration what you could try is to lift the drone up very slightly on the side that the gimbal is pointing towards and then do a calibration it cant do any harm but it might just reset the centre point also make sure that the gimbal is under the three hanging points that prevent it from dropping

Thanks for the tips but unfortunately it didn´t do the job, still out of center.
Tried to calibrate it in several different angles but with the same result.

Not sure what you mean by "make sure that the gimbal is under the three hanging points that prevent it from dropping"?
Which three hanging points do you mean?

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks for the tips but unfortunately it didn´t do the job, still out of center.
Tried to calibrate it in several different angles but with the same result.

Not sure what you mean by "make sure that the gimbal is under the three hanging points that prevent it from dropping"?
Which three hanging points do you mean?
@jotas66 do you have the MP or MPP if so then you will see that the gimbal is attached to the body of the mav by small rubber loops also at the rear of the gimbal is a small hook that the plate of the gimbal slides under its called the anti drop hook it is important that the gimbal plate is under that hook and also under the two anti drop guides at the front one either side,it is possible for the plate to become out of these points if a hard landing has happened or even trying to fit the gimbal guard used to lock the gimbal in place during transport if this happens it could cause the gimbal to be out of alignment and possibly prevent it from levelling correctly also you will get gimbal shake which can effect your pictures and video during flight

Looking at my gimbal from the bottom I noticed the loop in the top right(see pic) seems to be farther up to the front of the drone then the one on the left. My thinking is that is causing it to lean left. Calculus would solve this :p

Attachments

• mp.jpg
    mp.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 21
Usually the gimbal auto calibration does a pretty good job of solving these issues but sometimes if the gimbal assembly is defective or damaged it will not fully center. Another scenario that FrostyWinnipeg mentioned above is where the gimbal mounting plate rubber bands get stretched out and can cause some slanting when the gimbal sits flat. Not much you can do about that besides replacing the gimbal mounting or correcting for the offset by using a slanted surface for calibration.

-Kale

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada