DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera not moving horizontally anymore

TomLopez

Reactions
Hi guys,
I am not able to adjust the horizon on my M2P anymore, the camera does not move. I have an error on the display eg remove the protection and gimbal engine overload but I can move the camera easily with the hand.
Any ideas?

Hi guys,
I am not able to adjust the horizon on my M2P anymore, the camera does not move. I have an error on the display eg remove the protection and gimbal engine overload but I can move the camera easily with the hand.
Any ideas?

There are a number of things it could be.

Without power the gimbal should move very freely with no resistance.

Has there been a crash? This could lead to a damaged or dislodged ribbon cable.

Does the gimbal move at all on start-up? If not, and this is where you get the error message, it could be a fault on the board that provides the motor drive.

Yes this happened following to a crash. The gimbal is moving at startup so it should work.

Unless the engine moving the cam up and down is damaged...

Yes this happened following to a crash. The gimbal is moving at startup so it should work.

Unless the engine moving the cam up and down is damaged...

Okay, following a crash is a big clue.

When the gimbal does it’s startup dance, assuming yours does this fully, it checks the correct amount of movement with each gimbal motor to confirm it is working correctly. It can go out of calibration where for example the camera isn’t level or straight forward. A gimbal calibration can fix this and there’s no harm giving this a try.

If there is damage from a crash and you lose gimbal movement in any or all directions the ribbon cable may be damaged or the connector loose. Each of the three gimbal motors will have its own track in the ribbon cable.

It’s also possible that the tilt motor is damaged but as a first step I would check the ribbon connector is fully seated and if that’s okay then a replacement ribbon cable.

Do you have the DJI Refresh option? If not it may be worth sending your aircraft to the nearest DJI repair centre for a quote.

[QUOTE = "TomLopez, publicación: 1098115, miembro: 93802"]
Sí, esto sucedió después de un accidente. El cardán se mueve al inicio, por lo que debería funcionar.

A menos que el motor que mueve la leva hacia arriba y hacia abajo esté dañado ...
[/ CITAR]

The same happens to me
Watch the video and tell me if it's the same as mine
Check
Cardan doesn'y move

I tried to calibrate the gimbal but nothing happens except a timeout...

I have attached a video of the startup phase:

PS: I don't have a DJI refresh option but I am quite confident with repairing the drone. I already had to replace some parts of the gimbal after a crash

PS: I don't have a DJI refresh option but I am quite confident with repairing the drone. I already had to replace some parts of the gimbal after a crash
I am going to buy and change the IMU module. If I can fix it, I'll let you know so you can repair it too.

Interesting. The gimbal goes through it’s full range of movement, which would indicate the gimbal motors are good. It looks like there is no resistance to your manual gimbal movement from your YouTube clip.

It appears the gimbal isn’t receiving it’s stabilising control input, which ultimately originates from the IMU and subsequent processing via the core board.

Does the aircraft hover stably?

Any IMU errors being reported? You should be able to see the status for both IMU’s in the Go4 app while connected to the aircraft.

Last edited:

Hello Tom

I get exactly the same issue described on your video, did you fixed it and how ?

Regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929