DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Problems

Rugger1996

Reactions
During startup, my camera indicates the gimbal motor is overloaded, but there are no obstructions. After trying to go through the startup process about five times, the camera is working. During flight, the camera will shake violently in all directions and to the limits of travel. This will occur for several seconds then stop. The camera then begins to tilt the image slowly for about a second, then begins to shake violently again. This repeats over and over. Do I have to send this in or is there a fix I can do myself?

You happen to have any filter on the lens? (I had 1 that was too heavy and too large so it would hit the frame at times)
I had one on at one point, but I removed it to see if it was causing the issue. The camera continued to malfunction.

Shoot, that would have been the "easy fix" right!!!!

Should be able to search ribbon cable replacement, gimbal shake or things like that. I know I have watch videos long ago when I had the issue. (thought they chased them away with an upgrade though)

Also look close a the mount, ensure nothing found its way between things to jam or limit movement. With the drone upside down the two "tabs" on the front corners need to be "under" that lip. (I don't have a photo but will make sense when you look at it. . .) The 4 black rubber "bands" should hold those same tabs away form the lip when you look at it again drone right side up.

I have a MM with the same issue, I was investigating and found out that using camera filters might affect the gimbal, also if you take off from the land, there might be some dust that could get into the gimbal mechanism.
You can check the attached link, I applied some air and the gimbal started to work correctly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69