DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera sensor error

davidalindsey

Reactions
Opened up my mavic pro due to a gps #2 disconnected message.. after seeing the condition of the gps module, I ordered a new one and buttoned her all back up... Waiting for the GPS part to be sent in to install..
But now I have a camera sensor error and no video shows.. just a black screen.. no other errors... Gimbel has full movement and passes the gimbel sensor calbration test 100%.... Ony cables I took apart was the 3 black ribbon flex cables to front while taking out the main board....
Any ideas?
6f17f2ef1becb447ad1b39b34eb62b8e.jpg
150cd425a2a8ce8b7837d1807cad1bdb.jpg
867a7b9a093e0605d10cded867920ca4.jpg
7e88ba0e8351bb55b6d18e326ae7a033.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like you also managed to accidentally butcher the solder connections on the fixed end of the flight control board connector....... looks like an easy enough fix to sweat it back on...

It looks like you also managed to accidentally butcher the solder connections on the fixed end of the flight control board connector....... looks like an easy enough fix to sweat it back on...
Where do you see that? The last photo of that white wire is the coming from the gps module that I am waiting to come in to swap out ..

The marks on the GPS patch antenna are quite normal. They used to use cadmium to protect the antenna surface from corrosion. It is a sacrificial coating. Cadmium is a health hazard and I believe they have replaced it with a safer soft metal.

That said it could still have failed.

Reactions: davidalindsey
The marks on the GPS patch antenna are quite normal. They used to use cadmium to protect the antenna surface from corrosion. It is a sacrificial coating. Cadmium is a health hazard and I believe they have replaced it with a safer soft metal.

That said it could still have failed.
My issue with it was I didn't see the DJI logo on it like all the other photos I have seen... And the white wire was in bad shape....
Even though it says compass #2 disconnected I was told it could be the main board as the one up front seemed fine.. all wires intact and solder connections looked good....

But now when I put it back together I get no video and cera sensor error
7775107d19a80e16ebd96bf85c2bdebb.jpg
800ce9cdd676ab117d385dad1d7f2303.jpg

I could be the core board. The GPS modules communicate by simple TTL level serial data, which would be read by a serial port on one of the aircraft’s microcontrollers. That wiring does look very dodgy though.

Other than damaged cables or a power fault to the camera board it’s hard to say what’s causing your latest issue.

Update:
Changed out the main GPS board and no change..
Still shows GPS disconnect #2
And no video (black screen)
Camera sensor error
Guess its off to the DJI store to have them take a look at it

Update:
Changed out the main GPS board and no change..
Still shows GPS disconnect #2
And no video (black screen)
Camera sensor error
Guess its off to the DJI store to have them take a look at it

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it’ll be a quick fix and not too expensive.

Wtf
Hell no
I just replaced that GPS with a brand new unit so that's definitely not the problem the arm I could care less about
dfdc120352c84b3536d3ebf60035d40c.jpg

Yikes! I wonder if they’ll actually fix it or give you a used replacement. If they guarantee it will be fixed it may be worth it in the long run.

Spare parts will always add up to more than the initial purchase price. And then there’s labour on top.

New Total $277
Just a horrible experience they already fixed all the parts without consulting with me first on if I wanted to go ahead and go with the charges..
All I wanted fixed was compass number two and the camera sensor..
They ended up replacing the GPS module the arm and they said they replaced the front vision sensors.. that was a mistake on the part of them coding their billing wrong..
After me arguing with the manager that's what he dropped it down to.
Sheesh
74f8d2126707a38b19bbb15c16f5ca69.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60