DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

'Camera storage speed low' warning

Tegels

Reactions
Since last week the proud owner of a Mavic Pro 3 Cine. The aircraft flies really great, unfortunately I regularly get a message 'Camera storage speed low. Backup file and format storage space'. I record in ProRes on the SSD. I tried formatting the SSD but that didn't help. I get the message especially when I make a Yaw movement with the device. I'm guessing it's a firmware issue? The recordings are okay and play back without any problems.... Who knows what to do, what can I do?

Not buy a drone that is in Beta;-)
On. serious note, that is a very scary message to get if you are on a paid job. It would really freak me out. Have you tried formatting the SSD in different ways? (Not sure if that's even possible since its internal now)

• Love
Reactions: BigAl07
I haven't seen this on the M3Cine when recording to the SSD (haven't given ProRes a workout yet), but I have been getting the message intermittently when recording to a microSD card on the regular M3.

I am using the same SanDisk Extreme PLUS cards I have been using without issue for a long time on the Phantom 4 Pro.

Will have to try the same cards in the Cine (and give ProRes a workout).

6282919_sd.jpg

Not a problem, this model is clearly still in the Alpha phase.
Not buy a drone that is in Beta;-)
On. serious note, that is a very scary message to get if you are on a paid job. It would really freak me out. Have you tried formatting the SSD in different ways? (Not sure if that's even possible since its internal now)

I get that warning from time to time but it doesn't drop frames so I think it's just an error that will be fixed with the next firmware

I just contacted the DJI online support. It is a known firmware issue and should be solved in the next firmware update.

Reactions: rossmoney
I just contacted the DJI online support. It is a known firmware issue and should be solved in the next firmware update.
thanks for looking into this! I too get the warning but never drop footage or frames

Hi

I've got the Cine edition
Didn't even try to record Prores for now.

Had the exact same problem for all the 3 flight I've made so far.
Today I've got the SSD low speed warning when recording 4K/25fps normal on the internal SSD
SmartController froze, glitches, and so...internal video show red bars on freeze and white screen also

Here's a sample video of what's happening

I've not try recording on SD, but I'll do
I've reformatted the SSD to see it exFat file system

It's so frustrating :(
Any advice or solution ?

I've also written to the support to mention these concerns.
It maybe hardware or firmware.
I don't want to send back the unit if it's possible to correct the problem otherwise

Regards

I got the same warning with my Cine straight out of the box.
That coupled with SmartController freezes, glitches,
internal video show red bars on freeze and white screen. A real mess.

I contacted DJI support and ended up sending the complete package back.
Now waiting for replacement which will take 21 days since the Cine is now out of stock.

Reactions: freedisk
I'm waiting for support to ask me to send the unit back also
What a mess
It seems that there are a lot of units impacted
Good luck with the new one
Regards

Reactions: rossmoney
I too get this warning when recording in 5k or 4k 60fps. The footage looks fine once I download it. I am hoping it's firmware. I don't have any issues with the RC Controller. I think I will keep mine for now and see if the firmware update fixes the error message. It's not all the time, usually only when I start a flight.

I too have noticed this. I get the error but the video files are all good. Based on the Chinese DJI forum it is an acknowledged bug to be fixed in a future update. For sure some rough edges on this platform thus far.

Since last week the proud owner of a Mavic Pro 3 Cine. The aircraft flies really great, unfortunately I regularly get a message 'Camera storage speed low. Backup file and format storage space'. I record in ProRes on the SSD. I tried formatting the SSD but that didn't help. I get the message especially when I make a Yaw movement with the device. I'm guessing it's a firmware issue? The recordings are okay and play back without any problems.... Who knows what to do, what can I do?
I have both a Cine and non-Cine Mavic 3. Both have this issue on SD cards AND the SSD on the Cine. Formatting makes no difference. I'm using DJI recommended Sandisk Extreme micro SD's. Given it's happening on both drones and seems to irrespective of whether the drone is recording to the SSD or the SD you have to assume some sort of internal buffering error. Hopefully fixable in Firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada