DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera Up/Down Movement

GregS

Reactions
I have a Mavic Pro v1 and have tried many setting to control the camera up/down movement, and cant find a setting that makes it move slowly and doesn't hesitate before and continues after I toggle. Tripod is okay, but I want other setting to be normal. Does anyone have the perfect setting for this?

try
3 dot menu (upper RHS of screen) -> camera symbol (2nd icon from the bottom ) ->camera gimbal advanced settings ->blah blah blah

Reactions: MA2 317
Thanks. I know where the settings are, just need to know the best numbers to achieve the correct movement up/down of the gimbal. I have tried many with no good results.

Thanks. I know where the settings are, just need to know the best numbers to achieve the correct movement up/down of the gimbal. I have tried many with no good results.
Not being awkward but doesn't the MP give you speed control via how far you push or pull the dial ?
From memory thats the way all my DJI drones have behaved, the setting I mentioned in post 2 limits the maximums and thereafter the amount of dial rotation controls the actual speed used.

Reactions: jimlips
OMG! Thanks for making me get my old Mavic 1 out to post my gimbal settings. Turns out my RC battery was almost dead! 7% remaining. Now charging.

Anyway, here are my settings:

2024-06-29 11.14.06.png

2024-06-29 11.15.16.png

2024-06-29 11.15.23.png
2024-06-29 11.15.31.png
Hope that helps!

Attachments

• 2024-06-29 10.27.14.jpg
    2024-06-29 10.27.14.jpg
    1,003 KB · Views: 4
OMG! Thanks for making me get my old Mavic 1 out to post my gimbal settings. Turns out my RC battery was almost dead! 7% remaining. Now charging.

Anyway, here are my settings:

View attachment 175918

View attachment 175919

View attachment 175920
View attachment 175921
Hope that helps!
Just my own point of view but I think EXP settings of 0.5, a straight line, gives much better control, meaning more predictable control with no sudden changes in the response per degree of joystick movement.

Last edited:
Not being awkward but doesn't the MP give you speed control via how far you push or pull the dial ?
From memory thats the way all my DJI drones have behaved, the setting I mentioned in post 2 limits the maximums and thereafter the amount of dial rotation controls the actual speed used.
Yes it does. That is one of my 'problems'. When I release the dial, the gimbal continues to move. When turning the dial one must turn it slowly. Seems to be a hesitation before moving the gimbal too. Guess I have to do a lot of checking to get it all right. Thanks for the input.

Yes it does. That is one of my 'problems'. When I release the dial, the gimbal continues to move. When turning the dial one must turn it slowly. Seems to be a hesitation before moving the gimbal too. Guess I have to do a lot of checking to get it all right. Thanks for the input.
Try adjusting the smoothness settings, that's a guess, I don't think I have ever played with them

Gimbal smoothness is way too high. That’s the thing that hesitates before moving and continues after you pull off. If just taking photos you can make that zero but even for video I’d go no more than 10
Will try that..thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jabarton44