DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camping and hiking near Valdez, Alaska

Footage is sooooo good!... but I need you to tell me a story. (nice truck by the way)
Active track of you driving, couple of cuts on scenic roads, parked at/visiting that harbor
"Us heading to the mountains"
Cut to footage of the family hiking up some trails
That shot of your family on the ridge above the glacier (next time maybe try a revealing orbit from the green to the glacier side, try out POI or Boomerang)
Cut to those beautiful ice shots.
Footage of the family going down hill
Some of that cool campsite footage you shot.
Add some campfire B-roll
Fade to black

I'm still jealous, I'm in Brooklyn trying to explain to my ten year old why there's big fireworks going off all night long so you win?
I'm old school and like your vacation slides, I like hearing about your adventures and being inspired to try harder so either way your movie works.
So... instead of just saying it's a cool video I figured I'd try to help. You've got a ton of talent just try to recut it trying to tell me about your weekend and you'll be in business

Very nice footage of Valdez. Actually been fishing up there and didn’t get to see all of the beautiful scenery that you captured. Didn’t have a drone when I was there but will definitely have it next time. Good job getting the shots that you did. Mrmund gave you some good advice as I’m going to keep those thing in mind on my own next drone project. Valdez has some of the best fishing in Alaska in my opinion. Did you get in the Silver Salmon Derby? Thanks for posting the vids.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Dude, awesome video. I cannot wait to get somewhere where I can get good video like this. In the meantime, I just continue practicing.

Footage is sooooo good!... but I need you to tell me a story. (nice truck by the way)
Active track of you driving, couple of cuts on scenic roads, parked at/visiting that harbor
That shot of your family on the ridge above the glacier (next time maybe try a revealing orbit from the green to the glacier side, try out POI or Boomerang)
Add some campfire B-roll
Fade to black

I'm still jealous, I'm in Brooklyn trying to explain to my ten year old why there's big fireworks going off all night long so you win?
I'm old school and like your vacation slides, I like hearing about your adventures and being inspired to try harder so either way your movie works.
So... instead of just saying it's a cool video I figured I'd try to help. You've got a ton of talent just try to recut it trying to tell me about your weekend and you'll be in business
Great feedback and some very good tips here that I will take onboard myself - thanks ??

Took the family for a little camping and hiking trip to and around Valdez, AK. The weather was perfect! Let me know what you think!

Great video! I love Alaska and have been to Valdez several times. Almost retired in Alaska and have travelled from SE Alaska all the way through the Aleutians including Attu. Beautiful place.

Made me check airfare!

Add some campfire B-roll
Fade to black

You couldn't have said it any better and I greatly appreciate the feedback. Still learning and growing in many facets of the game. I am about a year into joining the drone/video editing world. While I love it, it's definitely a challenge. I live in Alaska so finding beautiful scenery is easy, it's gaining the trust of the drone to fly over a glacier filled valley with the hopes it will return :p.

Very nice footage of Valdez. Actually been fishing up there and didn’t get to see all of the beautiful scenery that you captured. Didn’t have a drone when I was there but will definitely have it next time. Good job getting the shots that you did. Mrmund gave you some good advice as I’m going to keep those thing in mind on my own next drone project. Valdez has some of the best fishing in Alaska in my opinion. Did you get in the Silver Salmon Derby? Thanks for posting the vids.

No salmon derby this time, just a quick weekend trip. I had some regret after seeing the weather though!

I think I might grab my drone and get me a ticket to Ak. You've got me thinking hard about droning up there. It will be great to get back up there. and snag some of the beautiful scenery. I droned Hatcher's Pass, Beluga Point, and the port in Anchorage the last time I was up. Thanks again.

Took the family for a little camping and hiking trip to and around Valdez, AK. The weather was perfect! Let me know what you think!

How do u get actual real music on a video? Every time I go to put it on, it’s blocked. By the way gorgeous video of Alaska. I went to Skagway, Alaska in 2008 maybe? Dog sledding is where the fun is

How do u get actual real music on a video? Every time I go to put it on, it’s blocked. By the way gorgeous video of Alaska. I went to Skagway, Alaska in 2008 maybe? Dog sledding is where the fun is
I clearly state that the video is not intended for monetary gain and also put the music rights in the description. With that, it's never been an issue. Thanks!

I think I might grab my drone and get me a ticket to Ak. You've got me thinking hard about droning up there. It will be great to get back up there. and snag some of the beautiful scenery. I droned Hatcher's Pass, Beluga Point, and the port in Anchorage the last time I was up. Thanks again.
Those are all great spots! I live very close to Hatcher Pass, beautiful area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven