DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone identify the thin stainless steel mesh fabric double-sided tape that is attached to the heat sink here? It adheres to magnets, has strong a

What piece of hardware are you working with?
This looks like some form of gasket material, but without knowing what you are working on, it’s hard to say what the purpose of this gasket is to be doing.

Reactions: lovesheeps
What piece of hardware are you working with?
This looks like some form of gasket material, but without knowing what you are working on, it’s hard to say what the purpose of this gasket is to be doing.
“The mainboard is secured to the side of the case where the drone’s fan is mounted, and this fabric-based adhesive tape is firmly holding it in place. Inside, thermal foam has been sprayed, and the entire outer area of the mainboard is sealed and protected as if waterproofed by this tape.”

Based on your picture, this looks to be a swimming type drone.
The water damage visible is probably an issue with whether this swimming type drone can be turned into a flying type drone.
As for your gasket, I don’t believe it to be a heat sink style product. More along the lines of a sealing gasket to keep unwanted material from entering this board area.
Would be difficult to build a new gasket based on the shape and the holes needed.
Me, I would use some form of silicone to reseal.

Are you attempting to get this one back in the air?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
munmunlil