DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can anyone tell me what thiscable is.

Julianlh

Reactions
hi all. I have a second hand Mavic 2 zoom. The picture shows a cable with one end USB. I would have thought it is for charging the remote controller but the connector at the other end just slightly too big for the fitting in the RC, which I know is the common fitting for output to phone cable. Perhaps someone can erecognise the part number code shown?

Attachments

• D97F54D5-D90C-44EC-AD34-EBE13519528B.jpeg
    D97F54D5-D90C-44EC-AD34-EBE13519528B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 131
It’s a usbc cable for connecting to the drone. I don’t have the standard controller, but I’m guessing it’s the normal micro USB for charging

It’s a usbc cable for connecting to the drone. I don’t have the standard controller, but I’m guessing it’s the normal micro USB for charging
Thanks for reply. I have just now found a further connector to join that cable to the RC!

DJI includes a Type-C USB so you can connect the Mavic to your computer. While you can use that cable for the remote controller too, you could also use a Micro USB cable. That's what I do so I don't have to use that small USB adapter.

Another suggestion is to connect your phone/tablet using the larger usb port on the bottom of the controller (between the jaw arms) and save the more fragile side connection for charging the controller. That side port is a rare type-A usb but it also accommodates as noted above, the standard micro usb but make sure to orient it correctly.

Reactions: sadatoni
Btw.....
you also can charge your remote directly with the stock charger..
Here is the AC and RC battery charging together!
Mavic-2-charging.jpg

Almost all the above answers are wrong.

The cable from the first post (photo) is only for connecting the Mavic2 to the computer. Not for loading or otherwise. The small connector on the cable only fits the single jack of the drone (from the rear right, USB-C). The larger connector on the cable (USB A / USB3, compatible with USB2) is plugged into the PC to connect to the PC program "Assistant 2" which one needs for updates of the drone.

On the left side of the controller there is a micro USB connector for charging the controller and alternatively for connecting to a smartphone / iphone. At the bottom of the controller is a USB-A socket for the alternative connection of a smartphone / tablet.

It is very awkward of DJI to use 3 different connector systems.

Last edited:
Almost all the above answers are wrong.

The cable from the first post (photo) is only for connecting the Mavic2 to the computer. Not for loading or otherwise. The small connector on the cable only fits the single jack of the drone (from the rear right, USB-C). The larger connector on the cable (USB A / USB3, compatible with USB2) is plugged into the PC to connect to the PC program "Assistant 2" which one needs for updates of the drone.

On the left side of the controller there is a micro USB connector for charging the controller and alternatively for connecting to a smartphone / iphone. At the bottom of the controller is a USB-A socket for the alternative connection of a smartphone / tablet.

It is very awkward of DJI to use 3 different connector systems.
@hegauer , posts above are not incorrect. Cable from photo is USB-C to USB as you mention, but included in the box of parts/ cables that came with the aircraft is an adapter from USB C to micro USB. It CAN be used to charge the controller with the adapter installed. As @sclelectronics in post #9 above mentions, it isn't necessary as you can use the nested micro USB cable that's built into the DJI charger.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143