DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can DJI standard goggles be used racing drone

Straykat711

Reactions
In November I purchased the standard DJI goggles and love them on the Mavic. For Christmas I received a racing drone kit. I was wondering if there is a way to use the standard DJI goggles on the 5.8 race band. I would need something that would convert the 5.8 video from racing drone to HDMI connection to the DJI goggles. I think some of the Head Play goggles have HDMI. Has anybody tried this? I'm wondering if it would create too much lag for racing. Any ideas?

No, the standard Goggles do not have the Raceband receiver. You‘ll need the RE edition.

Reactions: chazzm
I have the Racing Edition and love the hell out of them! And yes they can be used with other quads no problem! But only with the Racing Edition and they can use 5.8 no problem!

You can also replace your current video/transmitter module with the Ocusync airmodule on your racequad. Then you can link your existing goggles with that device.

Reactions: Straykat711
What would happen with a 5.8 race band receiver video converted to HDMI and played in the goggles with its HDMI input. Why wouldn't that work? Would there be lag in the video?

You can also replace your current video/transmitter module with the Ocusync airmodule on your racequad. Then you can link your existing goggles with that device.
No, the Ocusync unit only works with the RE goggles, not the old ones.

What would happen with a 5.8 race band receiver video converted to HDMI and played in the goggles with its HDMI input. Why wouldn't that work? Would there be lag in the video?
Yup that you can do, but you'll indeed have lag and depending on the video to HDMI converter you use it might not be very reliable or do the well known "blue screen" when the signal is less than perfect.

The only goggles I have had on are the DJI Goggles. I need to were reading glasses to see good in them. I think I have read about some of the compact types, such as Fat Sharks have lens inserts that can be used if you need glasses. Tell me what you have, I need to get something, just don't know what yet, but it would have to be one that can be worn with glasses or has fitted magnifiers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midlifecrisis77