DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I apply skins on my Mini 2?

John_Peter

Reactions
I want to apply skins that make my drone looks amazing but are the skins good for the drone and does it make it heat up?

@John_Peter ,the skin makes no difference to the drones heat or performance ,it does in fact not only make it easier to see relative to its background ,and also if you are flying with several other drones ,it helps to identify your drone as you bring it back for a landing,it will also make it easier to clean off bug splatter ,make sure that the skin does not contain any metallic film in its construction ,as this can interfere with the satellite acquisition, and could also affect the internal compass of the drone ,

Reactions: John_Peter
I used Decalgirl on my Mini and, although it took a couple hours, it turned out great. If I can do it, chances are good that you can too. A side benefit is that when it came time to sell, it looked so good the first guy that saw it bought it. He didn’t even want a test flight. He did get a sharp and well carried for drone though.

Reactions: John_Peter
@John_Peter ,the skin makes no difference to the drones heat or performance ,it does in fact not only make it easier to see relative to its background ,and also if you are flying with several other drones ,it helps to identify your drone as you bring it back for a landing,it will also make it easier to clean off bug splatter ,make sure that the skin does not contain any metallic film in its construction ,as this can interfere with the satellite acquisition, and could also affect the internal compass of the drone ,
Thank for the info, I wanted to skin my drone so it can be protected from scratches from impacts. Also, I've ordered one from Gadgetshieldz and getting it tomorrow, after applying it I'll share some images. As you said it is 3M skins so no metallic film!

Reactions: old man mavic
I used Decalgirl on my Mini and, although it took a couple hours, it turned out great. If I can do it, chances are good that you can too. A side benefit is that when it came time to sell, it looked so good the first guy that saw it bought it. He didn’t even want a test flight. He did get a sharp and well carried for drone though.
Thanks for the suggestion, I already ordered it from another brand and Decalgirl is a bit expensive compared to Gadgetshieldz so I went with it!

Reactions: Dbez1
I applied the skins carefully without blocking the vents, this skin color will be visible if the drone is stuck somewhere! Also, there are no issues after the skins are applied, everything is the same as before, and even the controller looks cool. Here are the images,
1655294398076.jpg1655294370986.jpg1655294354938.jpg1655397312540.jpg

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22