DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I attach this camera to the bottom of mavic 2?

Kstarestrella

Reactions
I saw the Osmo Action Cam case that I liked on YouTube, I was wondering if there is a way I can attach it to the bottom of the Mavic 2 instead of the top. Haven't found anything like an adapter. Thank you.

Reactions: dsrepairs
Reactions: ff22
The mount clamps securely onto the forward underside reinforcement area.

I haven't flown the bottom mount yet as I've been using the top mount for inspection work and capturing look downs of the quad overflying areas with an Insta 360 One X.

Attachments

• IMG_0906.jpg
    IMG_0906.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 69
Reactions: ff22
The mount clamps securely onto the forward underside reinforcement area.

I haven't flown the bottom mount yet as I've been using the top mount for inspection work and capturing look downs of the quad overflying areas with an Insta 360 One X.
Thanks for posting the picture.

This might be a dumb question...but... WHY? This seems like it would be impossible to land (without risky hand catching)... and could throw off the weight of the drone enough to cause stability issues, especially in turbulent conditions?

Not to mention interference with the sensors.
I deactivate ALL the sensors when using a bottom mount and rarely run w/the other proximity sensors anytime. Either don't need them or they prevent smooth operation in close proximity work.

This might be a dumb question...but... WHY? This seems like it would be impossible to land (without risky hand catching)... and could throw off the weight of the drone enough to cause stability issues, especially in turbulent conditions?
I hand launch much of the time to keep sensors & cooling intakes clear of dust or debris when not using a ground mat. I've flown with the top mount aggressively w/o problem, but yes it is slightly different. The bottom mount should be better than the top. As to why- that's the only way to get an after market camera capability on your drone. For me, it's a 360 camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure