DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I buy a Mavic 3 Pro without a controller?

DanJ

Reactions
I just visited the Canadian DJI store and sadly I do not see a Mavic 3 Pro WITHOUT a controller.

I have an RC Pro and do not need another controller in the car nor do I need to pay for one. Sniff. Sniff.

Have you Tried CAMRISE ( D.J.I. new york sales on eBay ) they should have them Yes people buy just the Drone all the time if all else fails you can buy just the Drone direct from D.J.I.

at this point, at DJI, there's no option to buy just the drone. The cheapest option at $2199 includes the DJI RC. It's the same deal at Drone Nerds

meaning, perhaps, that DJI has a surplus of their RC's

I guess it's worth asking if this new drone will work with the RC-N1

Reactions: Torque
I guess it's worth asking if this new drone will work with the RC-N1
Don't see why it wouldn't when the Mavic 3 does. And would be really dumb to cut out the rc-n1 in my opinion considering the rc has a lite version of DJI fly on it with lowe end hardware and your only other choose would end up being an extra expensive rc pro.

Edit : DJI fly 1.10.0 adds mavic 3 pro compatibility on mobile devices so clearly the rc-n1 will work.

Last edited:
I think that it will happen once the rush is over.
I noticed that a couple of stores in Europe had them for sale this morning without a controller

I think that it will happen once the rush is over.
I noticed that a couple of stores in Europe had them for sale this morning without a controller
The D.J.I. salesman here in L.A.Just told me pretty much the same thing. While they are in high Demand you most likely won't see a Drone only option "give it time" is what I heard

Reactions: DanJ
The D.J.I. salesman here in L.A.Just told me pretty much the same thing. While they are in high Demand you most likely won't see a Drone only option "give it time" is what I heard
It's probably smart for me to wait anyways.
I am really hoping that an upgrade to the Air 2S happens soon.
DJI likes to "leak" products and based upon the Mini 3 Pro I think that an Air 3 would be more to my liking.

Here ya go... Always check with RotorLogic for standalone DJI models.

DJI Mini 3 Pro Aircraft Only

dji-mini-3-pro-drone-with-no-remote-controller-cp-ma-00000485-01-dji-505__19215.1652394131.490.588.jpg

you've confused models...people are wondering about a Mavic 3 Pro without a RC
Oops.

They do have the M3 Classic standalone. I expect they'll have the M3 Pro at some point, not too far in the future, but not surprising as it just hit the streets.

This made me look at the DJI store, and it was nice to see the Pro has kept the 4/3" main sensor.

Reactions: DanJ
So I sent an email this morning to DJI asking if they would be selling the Mavic 3 Pro WITHOUT a controller.
Minutes ago I got a reply.
This is a snippet of the response, "We value your business with us and thank you for showing your interest, support and continuous patronage in our products. However, we regret to let you know that we currently don't have the DJI Mavic 3 pro (drone only) sales in our official online store at this moment."

AT THIS MOMENT it says which if it is like any other DJI drone means in the future they will sell it alone.

So I sent an email this morning to DJI asking if they would be selling the Mavic 3 Pro WITHOUT a controller.
This is a snippet of the response, "We value your business with us and thank you for showing your interest, support and continuous patronage in our products. However, we regret to let you know that we currently don't have the DJI Mavic 3 pro (drone only) sales in our official online store at this moment."

AT THIS MOMENT it says which if it is like any other DJI drone means in the future they will sell it alone.
I don't remember DJI ever selling the Mavic 3 as a stand-alone purchase....always with the RC-N1. but maybe I missed it

I just visited the Canadian DJI store and sadly I do not see a Mavic 3 Pro WITHOUT a controller.

I have an RC Pro and do not need another controller in the car nor do I need to pay for one. Sniff. Sniff.
Just "chatted" with a rep from DJI on their site and DJI officially have "no plans at this time" to sell the MP3 without a controller. To me this complete nonsense. DJI already sell certain fleet models (MP Classic for example) without a remote so they know there is demand for this. It's like, we've already invested in your best remote (RC Pro) that is cross-compatible so why make us buy another (lessor) remote??? Maddening!!! I told them I would buy the MP3 right now if it were available w/o a remote.

Someone has said there's a way to purchase just the MP3 alone thru certain dealers who will sell without the remote. Is this true, if so, who does it and at what cost?

Be cautious about inferring anything from messages from DJI support. Remember that English is a second language for their agents. But, if they follow the pattern of offerings with previous models, there will eventually be a stand-alone Mavic 3 Pro.

Be cautious about inferring anything from messages from DJI support. Remember that English is a second language for their agents. But, if they follow the pattern of offerings with previous models, there will eventually be a stand-alone Mavic 3 Pro.
Agreed! It was obvious that they get asked this question often because they had cut and paste answers ready to use in response.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet