DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I delete my .LRF files?

WanderLost

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I've never had a need to play the .lrf files since my computer plays the 4K files without issue.
I've only been flying for 4 months and I already have 8 GB of these files.
Are there situations where these files are used? Or are they there just to maintain compatibility with older displays and computer?

The LRF files, is low-resolution files generated simultaneously when recording, and LRF files are MP4, which can be viewed by any media player. up too you really if you want them

The LRF files, is low-resolution files generated simultaneously when recording, and LRF files are MP4, which can be viewed by any media player. up too you really if you want them
Are these files sync'd across devices? If I view my flights on a tablet or cell phone, is it these files I'm looking at?

Im not sure what you mean by synced but yes the devices that use mp4 will use this file but you always have the other file the 4k one, That you can make an mp4 from, for someone else later that wants to view your video from a device that plays Mp4 .So really if you just don't want to make an MP4 version of your video you can always use the LRF file

Im not sure what you mean by synced but yes the devices that use mp4 will use this file but you always have the other file the 4k one, That you can make an mp4 from, for someone else later that wants to view your video from a device that plays Mp4 .So really if you just don't want to make an MP4 version of your video you can always use the LRF file
DJI will back up your files if you select that option so you can view the flights on other devices. It's just a guess, but I would imagine it just uploads the .SRT and .LRF files and not the complete 4K files for example. But I don't know for sure.

I would think so Probably much easier for a device to play than the HD one. I think the 4K file would not be uploaded for times sake but I could be wrong about that The .SRT file is the flight data such as coordinates elevation data so not really sure if it uploads that one either

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard