DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I delete the flight records?

Josiah S

Reactions
I have tons of flight logs that are filling up my phone. Is it all right if I delete all of them? They are all on the drone so it doesn't matter if I delete them right? Thanks for your replies.

Regarding specifically “Flight Records” as recorded in the Go4 app, then No, they are not on the drone. If you delete them without syncing with DJI or AirData, or downloading to a PC via ITunes, then they are gone forever.
On the other hand, it’s not required that you keep them.
There are data logs on the drone of a similar nature, but they are not downloadable on every drone.

Last edited:
They all get synced to dji fly so I should be good to delete them then.

If I remember correctly, with Air data you can only access the last 100 flights that you upload. After that you have to pay a monthly fee to see more history of your flights I personaly sync my data to the Icloud where the data limits are much higher. Any further comments? Please correct me if I am wrong Thanks

If I keep the files that are in dji fly but delete all of the files off of my phone in documents or whatever I am fine aren't I?

With regards to the previous posting, to my understanding the flight data in your phone is part of the Fly App. I would suggest that you open up Apple Itunes and copy your flight records to the hard drive of your computer first. Then delete your flight records out of your phone. Do you sync your flight records to the cloud by any chance? Thanks Mr Mint

With regards to the previous posting, to my understanding the flight data in your phone is part of the Fly App. I would suggest that you open up Apple Itunes and copy your flight records to the hard drive of your computer first. Then delete your flight records out of your phone. Do you sync your flight records to the cloud by any chance? Thanks Mr Mint
I have an android not an apple. Does iTunes work with android to?

If I remember correctly, with Air data you can only access the last 100 flights that you upload. After that you have to pay a monthly fee to see more history of your flights I personaly sync my data to the Icloud where the data limits are much higher. Any further comments? Please correct me if I am wrong Thanks
how can u do that?
thx

It might be different on different drone models, but this old thread tells how to do it on the old Mavic Pro. It worked for me.

Just as an FYI, if you delete all the flight data off your mobile device, you'll lose the count of your flight hours and flight distance. I delete my data every month or so as it eventually takes way too long for the app to open up my previous flight data as there are just so many logs to load up. I don't sync my data to the DJI server so I screenshot the page that shows my accrued flight hours and distance so I can keep a record of the drone's total flight hours and distance flown.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78